ICP Test Re

Niknak36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP Test results, was considering increasing sulfur, any thoughts please?

Attachments

• Results_28-06-23.pdf
    135 KB · Views: 37

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to get salinity up first to about 1.026 Then Correct Cal, K, & I. I’d let Alk fall a little, and increase the PO4 to around .06 ppm. Probably change the RODI filters so nothing is making it through. Don’t worry about Si too much. It’s pretty much harmless even if 2-3 ppm ++

Cr, Co, Fe, Zn, Ni, V…I would avoid correcting these on OES, but Zn, Ni, and V fall at the border of sensitivity. I personally don’t trust it enough to correct those either. The tank will look much better if you take care of the top part alone.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. No need to add sulfate, but do raise the salinity (which will raise sulfur sulfate). That will also fix the low potassium, magnesium, and calcium.

OP
OP
N

Niknak36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to get salinity up first to about 1.026 Then Correct Cal, K, & I. I’d let Alk fall a little, and increase the PO4 to around .06 ppm. Probably change the RODI filters so nothing is making it through. Don’t worry about Si too much. It’s pretty much harmless even if 2-3 ppm ++

Cr, Co, Fe, Zn, Ni, V…I would avoid correcting these on OES, but Zn, Ni, and V fall at the border of sensitivity. I personally don’t trust it enough to correct those either. The tank will look much better if you take care of the top part alone.
thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back