ID Eggs please?

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in process of "organizing" my 28 gal tank to prepare to move its contents over to the new 75 gal tank. I've pulled some LR out to move over.. and found these.. eggs things.. I scraped it off the rocks (it was hard to do!) before moving to the new tank.

What is it? I've found a lot of them when I turned things over

hSraW28.jpg

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to tell ,can you take a better close up shot,from here it looks like a limpet, this only my guess and it is harmless, nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KJ

it doesn't move at all. they seem to be "buried" in the rock, for lack of better term (or in this case, putty that I broke off the rock).

is this a better photo?
4F6kWlU.jpg

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you perhaps get a little closer picture? At first glance, it seems like nerite eggs, but it's not. I see texture, for one and secondly, critters lay eggs on and around stuff, not underneath things like that. That's a critter, but I can't tell what it is unless perhaps you get a little better picture.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you scrape one off and see what's underneath? Could be a species of limpet. Seems pretty stationary, however.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea it doesn't move at all.. Eggs for sure..

When I tried to scrape it with a razor, it broke. I can't tell if any juice came out of it (scraped outside of the tank), but nothing was inside. It literally looked liked a blister upon breaking. I can't take it off whole, it's like the top layer of a blister to a skin, only the top layer breaks off.

I tried on each color. They were semi-soft to the touch, it gave away under the blade. I wish I could get a video but I can't hold the camera and scrape at the same time

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back