Ideal Lighting to accompany 3 kessil a360x on a 5' mixed reef

ratzy82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a waterbox 180. It's 5ft. I have 3 kessil a360x's, which i do not think is enough for growing out sps. I'm not sure what the best option is. Adding a 4th/5th or trying to do some sort of hybrid or fill light. I like the clean look of the kessil and since I don't have a hood, I'm concerned about mounting options. I've looked into reef brites, but they seem a bit overpriced for what they are. Does anyone have a similar setup? Thanks!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try with another Kessil; add one to the mix so you have 4 split over the 5 foot. It will probably be the cheapest option.

Alternatively, the solution using AI Blades on either side looks pretty neat. Look at the new BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing series on YouTube. It's one of their preferred options and probably the one that I would go for.

Reef Factory are about to release their new LED strips within a month or so. Cheaper than the AI Blades- and has an app to die for. The v. 1 of the strips were great; I have no doubt that the v. 2 will be as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back