Identify these please?

Wefoundnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought live rock from my LFS and can’t figure out what these species are. I’m posting 2 different things growing on one of the rocks. The photo with “6 of 11” above it on the screenshot glows in the dark. The other does not, if that helps. Part of why I’m asking is I’m concerned about having harmful worms in the rock. I read a dip in dechlorinated freshwater can rid rocks of pest worms but I want to protect these growths.

63339CFC-19F0-4497-A7FA-546476B7E65D.jpeg E35315B0-6877-4ECB-A420-7B420FDFAB46.jpeg

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second pic look like some sort of paly. 1st pic...not sure. Can you get a clearer and larger and/or zoomed in pic of it?

Also here is info on palys, palytoxin, and handling them.

Palythoa and Zoanthid care

Palytoxin

For additional information notnon R2R, I like to go to the Tidal Gardens website. For instance, this nuclear green palythoa has all information you might need for palythoa care under the description, including videos on the subject.

OP
OP
W

Wefoundnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ll try to get a better pic tomorrow. I’m concerned a harmful worm may have gotten my green clown goby. It hides most of the time but hasn’t come out to eat in a few days. I moved the rock in the tank and it didn’t come out then either. There’s all kinds of creatures in these rocks! Some good yes, but possibly bad too. @joseserrano - scammed? No idea what you’re referring to.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ll try to get a better pic tomorrow. I’m concerned a harmful worm may have gotten my green clown goby. It hides most of the time but hasn’t come out to eat in a few days. I moved the rock in the tank and it didn’t come out then either. There’s all kinds of creatures in these rocks! Some good yes, but possibly bad too. @joseserrano - scammed? No idea what you’re referring to.
My mistake. Misread something

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back