IM 25g water level

RRsNano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks been up a running for several months. Two days ago I turned the pump off to feed and when I turned it back on the water level in the rear chamber was higher than before? I ended up removing about half a gallon to fix it.

Today I turned the pump off then back on, same thing!?!?? The water level in the rear chamber is above the return chamber so I had to remove about a 1/2 gallon again. To rule out clogged media I removed the 2 intank media baskets so the only thing in the rear chamber(s) was the heater and temp sensor. Again got the water level right in the return chamber, turned off the pump, turned it back on and again the water level was higher.

Does this mean the pump is going out? It's the factory mightjet DC adjustable pump. The only thing I can think of is the pump is going bad and sometimes it's pumping less and sometimes higher that's why the water is fluctuating in the rear?

Any other ideas before I spend money on a new pump?

OP
OP
RRsNano

RRsNano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps your pump is running slightly more water than your overflow can handle?

The stock pump is adjustable. It does the same thing whether on the lowest or highest setting? It just started doing it two days ago. Nothing has changed in my tank so I’m at a lost.

My heater was starting to fail yesterday so maybe the pump is too?? That’s all I can think of thats causing the issue.

F4TALREEFER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you give it sometime to stabalize incase of trapped air by the impelle? Check for debri at pump inlet, one time I had a bunch of dwarf ceriths in there. Have you cleaned the pump recently? I have quite often found a lot of hair around the impeller shaft unavoidable with dogs, cats, and my long hair. Always wonder how much that dragged down performance.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back