I'm out of ideas... Zoas slowly melting

Hunter S Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a recent article with citations. They show that corals take up vitamin c to put down skeleton and use it similarly to humans to construct cartilage.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/corals-need-take-their-vitamin-c

Some foods include vitamin c. For example, fuel. The dose we shoot for is generally higher than most additives and foods I've seen.

Thank you for sharing that link. Unfortunately if you read it, it basically says "duhhh, Vitamin C plus corals = what the heck and also why and what and again is that a thing? And I hope it is because someone paid me money to write an article about it and somehow I did and didn't at the same time".

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing that link. Unfortunately if you read it, it basically says "duhhh, Vitamin C plus corals = *** and also why and what and again is that a thing? And I hope it is because someone paid me money to write an article about it and somehow I did and didn't at the same time".
The article references and links to the journal paper. It has more detail. It also links to other references. It appears study in this area is fairly new.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the word was bothering me what I was looking for was a cofactor I think which is similar to a coenzyme in that they both support the making of different amino structures which is why they are so important in humans so why wouldn't they have some kind of effect on other living organisms? I'm taking biochem next semester so maybe I'll learn a bit more then..

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 91 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back