Info Needed About The Innovative Marine 50 Lagoon AIO

Cthulhu2217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I am getting ready to purchase a AIO tank for my new reef build. I have really narrowed it down to 3 choices: innovative marine 50 lagoon, water box 50.3, or the JBJ 65. I like all of these but i think i like the Innovative marine 50 lagoon the best. Can anyone share a picture of the return zone in the sump area? I have heard that some innovative marine all in ones has a return zone that is shaped like a T that makes cleaning a nightmare. Does anyone know if this tank does have this return zone shape or are all chambers in the sump column shaped? Thanks in advance.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I am getting ready to purchase a AIO tank for my new reef build. I have really narrowed it down to 3 choices: innovative marine 50 lagoon, water box 50.3, or the JBJ 65. I like all of these but i think i like the Innovative marine 50 lagoon the best. Can anyone share a picture of the return zone in the sump area? I have heard that some innovative marine all in ones has a return zone that is shaped like a T that makes cleaning a nightmare. Does anyone know if this tank does have this return zone shape or are all chambers in the sump column shaped? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum.
There is additional space in the middle return pump chamber that is shaped like an upside down T. It’s that way to allow more water in that chamber because that’s where your water height will change as evaporation occurs. I had quite a bit of detritus build up in those areas. I ended up cleaning it out and putting marinepure gems and some matrix in those areas to try and create a denitrification zone. Have not looked at it since. It’s not ideal but it’s not a big deal either. The Lagoon 50 is a great tank and I’m sure you’d be happy with one if you got it. I will say that the JBJ 65 has a wider sump area so you’d have more choices of equipment that will fit and a little more water volume. My Lagoon 50 has about 37 gallons after displacement. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

StillCycling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1595908890450.jpeg

hope this helps

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 87 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back