Injured, infected, or parasite on clown?

mandarin_toto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone diagnose what’s going on with this clown? Is it just injured, infected, possible parasite? Seen at local petco where I like to rescue the sickest clowns from and quarantine them to rehabilitate. But not sure how to treat this guy.

EDIT: after some more research I am thinking lymphocitis. Can anyone confirm?
IMG_4101.png

Attachments

• 70275079920__6C4DCEE8-3402-498E-9798-9872B6C7F991.mov
    25 MB
Last edited:

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don’t believe it is lymphocitis, that is generally bigger white fluffy on the fins. I don’t know what brook looks like but know it affects clownfish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Can anyone diagnose what’s going on with this clown? Is it just injured, infected, possible parasite? Seen at local petco where I like to rescue the sickest clowns from and quarantine them to rehabilitate. But not sure how to treat this guy.

EDIT: after some more research I am thinking lymphocitis. Can anyone confirm?
IMG_4101.png
You have a few issues going on here. Heavy slime coat associated with brooklynella. Bacterial lesions either from brook and/or CD water quality and an injury near gills
Obviously quarantine is needed and best treatment Will be ruby rally pro or ruby rally with kanaplex
If clown is Not breathing rapidly, you can give it a 5 minute freshwater dip which will offer temporary relief
Is clown even eating?
If so, give it foids high in omega 3 such as LRS fish frenzy, marine cuisine, small plankton and chopped krill with selcon vitamins added occasionally

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Brook I use a 2X Rally Pro treatment.

Take fish from DT. Dip at 2x concentration, for 90 minutes. Be sure to: (a) Temperature control the bath water by using a heater. (b) Provide plenty of oxygen by using an air pump + air stone. (c) Ensure salinity, pH and temperature of the dip water matches the tank the fish is coming from. Then move fish into quarantine tank for observation. QT should not be where the fish with Brook came from.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone! I was really hoping it WASNT brook but that seems to be the consensus. I’ll see what I can do for the guy.
If it has Brooklynella, it is just starting up. It is very thin, and the lesion on its mouth is likely an injury. Watch that the other clown doesn’t start picking on it, I saw some indication it might in the video.
Jay

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 151 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back