HexAquatix

HexAquatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7006.JPG

Mini refugium has been set up. Bio blocks submersible led and fritz turbo 900 bacteria. Just have to wait on the pods, chaeto, and phytoplankton from algae barn. :)

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get around to starting a build thread too. I am running a 9004DC, minimax reactor w/gfo, apex, 2x tunze 6055s, 2x kessil 360w ~7" off the water, tunze 3155 ato, 2 part dosing . I have one section in the back I could use as a refugium but I am going to see how things run as is.

If I do add a refugium it will be after the filter sock to help keep detritus from building that could bi-pass the skimmer.

Im running my 50 lagoon with a single Kessil A360we. Are you doing an SPS tank? I'm keeping LPS and Nems

OP
OP
HexAquatix

HexAquatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have a couple of sps, but I love euphyllias acans and scoly's. never tried nems

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhhhhhhh. Super secret build. Lol.
Any suggestions on whether I should put the refugium on the side with the filter sock, or the side with the skimmer?

Haha nothing to hide, I just didn't have time, check my build I just post it ;)
Also I'm doing a refugium in mine, I'm doing a cycle now so the filter socks are used at the moment.

OP
OP
HexAquatix

HexAquatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask, did you find the need to upgrade the pumps for your 50?
I actually didn't. I had three powerheads I placed in the tank and had (can you believe this) TOO MUCH FLOW. I cut it back to one 550 powerhead that blows behind the rockscape and the stock pump provide plenty of flow.

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to get mine in soon, can you tell me how much room you have between the compartment wall and the back of the aquarium? Just curious if I can get a skimmer in there. The manual only has the width but not the depth of the chambers.

OP
OP
HexAquatix

HexAquatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to get mine in soon, can you tell me how much room you have between the compartment wall and the back of the aquarium? Just curious if I can get a skimmer in there. The manual only has the width but not the depth of the chambers.
About 4". The tunze 9004 fits. But to do this, you're giving up a filter sock.

Reef Able

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow good tank...i am setting up mine...its on day 3 of cycling it....i am in love with this tank...it has so much potential and yet take the guess work out of your hands...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back