Introducing: FRAGNIAPPE 2014, New Orleans, LA, MARCH 8, 2014!

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce an event down on the bayou in Louisiana… FRAGNIAPPE -- the frag swap with a little something extra!
Held at the end of Mardi Gras week, 2014! Come on down and party with some cajuns during carnival, and end your week with reef-geekery!

Fragniappe - The Frag Swap with a little something extra!

Participating vendors:

Aquatic Specialties
Coral Freaks
Fritz Aquatics
Melev's Reef
Midwest Coral Connection
Next Wave
Reef-A-Palooza Orlando
Reef Deep Aquatics
Reeffarmers/Steve Tyree
Reefkoi Corals
Rod's Food
World Wide Corals
…and more to come!

Speakers: Marc Levenson and Steve Tyree

Reef_Tank_Greg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this partial exhibitor list puts it all in perspective!

Fragniappe - The Frag Swap with a little something extra!
Fragniappe-Banner.gif
adventurepets.png
asbanner.png
coralconnection.png
dirks.png
hocbanner2.png

melevsreef.png
midwestcc.png
nextwave.png
reefapalooza.png
reefdeep.png
reeffarmers.png
reefkoicorals.png
rodsfood.png
splashcorals.png
thecoralshop.png
tfb.png
worldwidecorals.png

zoanthids.png

OP
OP
Nomadic1

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
January UPDATE!

Here's an update!

12021831283_fe75fb4142_c.jpg

SPEAKERS
12021402165_83494ae442_c.jpg

PARTICIPATING VENDORS
12137227146_59d91e664f_o.jpg

More information to come as things develop, including hotel room information for those of you from out of town, courtesy of a partnership with the St. Tammany Tourist Commission. Admission - Adults: $10, Seniors 60 and over: $5, Children 12 and under: FREE

Please note: This is a vendor event, so, hobbyist to hobbyist sales/trading on the premises are forbidden.​

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking forward to this guys and gals!

Be sure and stop by our booth to see and SMELL first hand what has been affectionately named by our fans as "The most sought after reef food in America." (I guess it is because everyone is having their LFS call us to bring it in!)

We have selling food on the road down to a science! We will set you up with the freshest Reef, Herbivore or FOWLR foods made just a week prior in our "Carolina Kitchen." We will even GIVE you a free cooler with free dry ice to get your food home so it stays frozen solid. Woot Woot!

If you have been wanting to try our foods, but had no local source, this is the perfect chance!!

We will probably arrive in town a day early and try and relax with a good meal or two if anyone is around....

Check us out at www.ReefFrenzy.com

Thanks,
Larry and Veronica

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nomadic1

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you traveling to Fragniappe? With the assistance of the St. Tammany Tourist Commission, we have special discounted rates from several hotels near the venue. Best of all, the hotels can be booked via a single site.
http://www.louisiananorthshore.com/2014Fragnaippe
IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use the website above in* order to get the discounted rates! By visiting the link, you will see that just about every hotel near the venue has partnered with our event to offer discounted rates. So there are plenty of options to suit your needs!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there!

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! Rick from SYNERGY is gonna be there?!!?

This is gonna be CRAZY, so bring your sunglasses since their acrylic sumps glow so bright they are blinding!

Larry

OP
OP
Nomadic1

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost forgot to announce that world famous CORALVUE will be there!

logo.png

OP
OP
Nomadic1

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the donated items that will be raffled off, for $1 per ticket, at Fragniappe!*

$400 Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer! Courtesy of:
proline.png

vertexomega150.jpg

$380 Typhoon III Extreme 150 RODI Unit. Courtesy of:
airwaterice.png

typhoon3extreme.jpg

$215 Tunze LED White 8820 Waterproof Submersible Fixture. Courtesy of:
tunze.png

tunzeled.jpg

$170 Seneye Reef Aquarium Monitoring System. Courtesy of:
reefradiance.png

seneyereef.jpg

$200 Marineland Reef Capable LED System. Courtesy of:
unitedpetgroup.png

marinelandled.jpg

$100 Each - 2 Complete AquaVitro Reef Additives Sets. Courtesy of:
seachem.png

aquavitro.jpg

$70 Each - 2 Hamilton 32" Blue LED Lighting Strips. Courtesy of:
hamilton.png

ledstrip.jpg

*[/center]

OP
OP
Nomadic1

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bayou Reefkeeping staff has been working tirelessly on Fragniappe since the fall. All that hard work will soon pay off though as it's only one week away. We hope there's as much enthusiasm as we think there is because there are some truly amazing vendors on the way!

If you are as excited about Fragniappe as we are, then let us know here in this topic!

A lot of effort has gone into promoting the event, but you can help too by spreading the word. Let all of your friends, family, co-workers, anyone and everyone know too. Let's show all of these vendors from around the country what it's like to visit the bayou! Give them plenty of incentive to come back next year!

Here is the official schedule for Fragniappe. Don't worry, you will get your own copy when entering the event!

FragniappeHandout.png

OP
OP
Nomadic1

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone that attended, volunteered, exhibited at and sponsored our event! We had 410 people enter the event as attendees. Not too shabby for a first year event! Add another 80 for volunteers, staff, and exhibitors and we had nearly 500 in the hall. A big thanks also to all those who donated items for our fundraising raffle!

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great show, great club and overall an outstanding show. We were unsure of making the 11 hour drive from NC to the show when we first signed up, not knowing really what to expect since it was their first show. I can tell you that we had an awesome time at the event, and could not have left feeling any better. You guys did an amazing job of having everything set up for the vendors and the attendance was great. We felt we were amongst friends the entire weekend, and didn't want to leave on Sunday.

I cannot ever recall selling out of almost all our food in the FIRST two hours of a show, because everyone always waits until the end to get their frozen food. The club forum did a great job alerting the attendees of who was coming so everyone could have a week or two do do their homework on the vendors and what they were bringing. LRS received a warm welcome and we are already pumped to come back next year! Even the local stores signed up to supply the club with food in the future.

The venue was clean, uncluttered and close the New Orleans night life so my wife and I could experience some great food and music.

This will be a show you won't want to miss next year.

Thanks Bayou Reef Club for an event well done!

Larry and Veronica

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back