Introducing myself, Hello!

Littlesquishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I figured I should say hello at least once while reading threads. I was lurking before and decided to make an account. Pretty awesome forum here and enjoy the search function. I got into the saltwater world early 2010s but never got around to setting up a tank. Today I want to plan things out and stick to it. I finally settled on getting a 75 gallon tank that gives me enough space for fish and mixed corals.

I would make a build thread but I find that jumping the gun before I secure a 75 gallon tank to drill. Before I even begin I got to get rid of a used 125 gallon tank sitting in the garage. Its larger than I want and i'm not willing to spend more to set it up. I plan to make a build thread when I successfully drill a 75 gallon with more information!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy

howdy.gif

OP
OP
L

Littlesquishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the space I would definitely go with the bigger tank because more options with fish and corals is awesome. I just don't have a 6ft length of space for a tank. I'm also not sure if I will move in the future for school and will down size to a 29 gallon or 40 gallon depending on the apartment.

I know its not all set in stone. Eventually I will get a bigger tank 180 gallon or 200 gallon to get the kind of fish I want like the archilles tang and powder brown. This will be with a higher paying job and hopefully a nice starter home with space for that big 180/200 gallon tank. If there isn't I will make room. ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back