Invasive macro??

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, can anyone ID this? Its red and has similar texture to cheato but much harder, it seems to attach to rock and its hard to remove by hand.
Its growing in one of my tanks, and that plug was in that tank but I recently moved it to my frag tank

Should I remove it or keep it?

Has anyone seen it before?

Thank you!!

20181015_192721.jpg

20181015_192743.jpg

20181015_192808.jpg

OP
OP
Dtfnemo

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lot of that! My scopas tang picked every last bit of that off the rocks!

Most of it is in this tiny 16g biocube so I dont thing it will be a good idea to put one of those in there right? You know the name of it by chance? Should it be a good idea to grow it in the sump?

cristata.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Gelidium spinosum or some other similar species. They're pretty hard to remove. I honestly have no idea what you should do in this case; safest bet is probably manual removal since I can't think of anything that will fit in your tank and eat it

OP
OP
Dtfnemo

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Gelidium spinosum or some other similar species. They're pretty hard to remove. I honestly have no idea what you should do in this case; safest bet is probably manual removal since I can't think of anything that will fit in your tank and eat it

What about moving the rock to one of the bigger tanks and get one of those tangs to eat it, I can always get more rock in there from one of the other tank that dont have it right?

Back