Is ICP Analysis shutting down?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually associate bad grammar with scam ….. is this not the case here?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I never used him. Poor lab. Best of luck with his health issues.

Prayers sent.

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropical Marine Centre in the UK (and EU) have just launched with great fanfare (within the last couple of weeks) this ICP OES, ICP MS service in partnership with the same company.

I posted a question on the FB page containing the advert and asked how this would effect the product TMC was selling and still advertising. I received no answer but I seem to have been blocked from the FB group TMC Livestock and Products.

441194848_860714772758145_6138857445318195097_n.jpg

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropical Marine Centre in the UK (and EU) have just launched with great fanfare (within the last couple of weeks) this ICP OES, ICP MS service in partnership with the same company.

I posted a question on the FB page containing the advert and asked how this would effect the product TMC was selling and still advertising. I received no answer but I seem to have been blocked from the FB group TMC Livestock and Products.

441194848_860714772758145_6138857445318195097_n.jpg
Maybe that's a takeover

edit: or not lol

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE just in posted on TMC company FB.

"Notice of Change in ICP-MS Service
Life often brings unexpected challenges. As you may know, we recently introduced an exciting ICPMS testing service through our partnership with ICP Analysis, led by Steve Visser. Over the past few years, Steve's extensive knowledge of water chemistry and his dedication to advancing industry standards have been invaluable.
He has been a pivotal figure in enhancing the reliability and quality of water chemistry support. Regrettably, due to health concerns, Steve must now step back from his professional responsibilities to focus on his recovery and we want to ensure we support him in this endeavour. With this development, ICP Analysis will close its doors.
We have been overwhelmed by the amount of interest and support in our first month of launch. We know there is a significant amount of tests out there.
What This Means for You:
• Sample Processing: Any samples received at TMC until early July will be processed as usual. We are committed to ensuring that all test kits sold in the UK and European markets are used effectively and meet your expectations.
• Continued Testing: We have arranged with ICP Analysis to continue processing tests during this period. If you have purchased test kits, please ensure that your samples are sent in promptly to receive results.
• Product Use Deadline: Please use your test kits before the end of June and send them to us as normal. Product Recall:
• After August: Should you still have any unused test kits after August, we will initiate a recall of unsold products and provide refunds to retailers. Hobbyists may return their kits to the original place of purchase for a refund when this period commences.
We extend our best wishes to Steve for a swift and full recovery. His contributions have significantly advanced our understanding of water chemistry in aquatics, and we are grateful for his dedication to the industry.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this transition and ..... please keep an eye out for future developments from TMC and its partners in this area."

Brian Schaff
CEO - Tropical Marine Centre

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any UK and EU based aquarists. ICP-MS and ICP-OES service is still available through OCEAMO direct in the EU and Reefquest in the UK.

Reefquest UK also supply moonshiners elements. Ask your LFS for details.

As a plus note Dr. Christoph Denk of Oceamo has in my experience been very open and supportive to those enquiring about the service provided.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Continued Testing: We have arranged with ICP Analysis to continue processing tests during this period. If you have purchased test kits, please ensure that your samples are sent in promptly to receive results.
my take away here is that TM will process ICP Analysis test?
Is this a buyout/ takeover thing?
…or did I interpret that wrong?

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my take away here is that TM will process ICP Analysis test?
Is this a buyout/ takeover thing?
…or did I interpret that wrong?
I think you interpreted it wrong.

TMC will no longer offer the service and will refund any product already sold.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think you interpreted it wrong.

TMC will no longer offer the service and will refund any product already sold.
Appreciate that, thank you, I will re-read
Added, so “I think” they were sorta “3rd party” middle man for ICP Analysis and since the latter is belles up, so goes TM’s ICP service….or does that sound right ?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this is of assistance for some people that have remaining ICP Analysis tests after the 4 week cutoff date:
Good to hear y'all are stepping up, so after reading the reef builders link, it's 50% off of the 49.99 price? Is shipping included or no?

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't it be logical for BRS to buy out this company? Bertram might see it as an investment. Can't be the owner the only US resident capable of running the machines and analyzing the results. Worse case, hire one from the UK working for the other solutions.

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wouldn't it be logical for BRS to buy out this company? Bertram might see it as an investment. Can't be the owner the only US resident capable of running the machines and analyzing the results. Worse case, hire one from the UK working for the other solutions.

Not much to buy. They can just as easily go buy an ICP machine themselves and start their own ICP testing. Then they don't have to drag in the baggage and less than stellar reputation ICPA has.

There is also the fact that BRS kicked ICPA out after all the complaints and customer service issues. Doubt they are on talking terms

BZOFIQ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hopefully this is of assistance for some people that have remaining ICP Analysis tests after the 4 week cutoff date:

It's nice that Trion stepped up with this but...

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to buy. They can just as easily go buy an ICP machine themselves and start their own ICP testing. Then they don't have to drag in the baggage and less than stellar reputation ICPA has.

There is also the fact that BRS kicked ICPA out after all the complaints and customer service issues. Doubt they are on talking terms
Wasn't aware of the bad business practice.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear y'all are stepping up, so after reading the reef builders link, it's 50% off of the 49.99 price? Is shipping included or no?
Yes, 50% off the 49.99 price. Unfortunately we cannot provide free shipping for these test kits. TRITON has already reduced the cost of processing as much as possible to support the ICP testing community where possible.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back