Is it hard to upgrade a new tank

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so i just finished cycling my 29 gallon with some bio spira about 3 weeks ago and i got some fish but Ive found out that i cant get as many fish as i intended so i was wondering can i just transfer my LR, sand, and fish (i will upgrade heaters and filter) to a new 55 gallon aquarium so i dont have to cycle anything, or will that not work since its so new? Everyone always say’s to just put some used filter media in the new tank for a instant cycle but i dont imagine my filter media has a ton of beneficial bacteria in it since its so new.

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always use something like ATM Colony to be on the safe side if its so new and your a little concerned

I started both my systems with it, you add fish straight away so pretty much an instant cycle

Upvote 0

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so i just finished cycling my 29 gallon tank about 3 weeks ago and i got some fish but Ive found out that i cant get as many fish as i intended so i was wondering can i just transfer my LR, sand, and fish (i will upgrade heaters and filter) to a new 55 gallon aquarium so i dont have to cycle anything, or will that not work since its so new? Everyone always say’s to just put some used filter media in the new tank for a instant cycle but i dont imagine my filter media has a ton of beneficial bacteria in it since its so new.
If you're going to do it, go 120 gal :)

A 55 will look small in 12 months

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back