Is my coral alive

lukkereynolds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, bought a Duncan today, was just wondering if alive and placed well or if any issues thanks

image.jpg image.jpg

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty normal for just getting in the tank. Your placement will probably be good, it might just need at least a few days to acclimate.

Mine was pretty finicky and I tried at least 4 spots with it before it was finally happy. I actually currently have it level with the top of my rocks on a frag rack. It's getting quite a bit of light and flow and it likes it.

Glammers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added a Duncan into my tank yesterday along with some torches. The torches opened up in less than 15 minutes while the Duncan took about 6-7 hours. As unchaotic said, they can be a bit finicky so just keep an eye on it.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, bought a Duncan today, was just wondering if alive and placed well or if any issues thanks

image.jpg image.jpg
Hello and welcome to R2R! Not only is your duncan very much alive, it looks awesome! As others have said it should open in a few days. The fact that it's as open as it is is a great sign. Either sand or rock placement is fine as long as they get the right amount of light.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I noticed your powerhead is pointed down. Make sure you have flow at the top of the water to cause intense ripples so that the corals dont starve of oxygen. The term is called surface tension.
Or agitation (proberbly typing error) :) :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back