Is Red Sea ReefMat 1200 max flow rate accurate?

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to purchase a Red Sea 1200 fleece roller. The specs claim it can handle a max flow of 2380gph. I’m curious if anyone can confirm this is accurate. I’m currently pumping 2000 GPH through my pumps with 1 1/2 inch overflow piping. The Red Sea connects with 1” tubing. I’m having a hard time believing that just one could handle the flow from my overflow. I’m thinking I would need to purchase 2.

Guessing the max flow is spec at if you plumped a pump directly to the tubing????

Side note: don’t understand why 1.5 inch tubing isn’t standard on something like this. Pretty much every overflow box utilizes this size pipping.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gonna bump this question as I think my above question got lost with the last night post :).

gasperagnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to purchase a Red Sea 1200 fleece roller. The specs claim it can handle a max flow of 2380gph. I’m curious if anyone can confirm this is accurate. I’m currently pumping 2000 GPH through my pumps with 1 1/2 inch overflow piping. The Red Sea connects with 1” tubing. I’m having a hard time believing that just one could handle the flow from my overflow. I’m thinking I would need to purchase 2.

Guessing the max flow is spec at if you plumped a pump directly to the tubing????

Side note: don’t understand why 1.5 inch tubing isn’t standard on something like this. Pretty much every overflow box utilizes this size pipping.
by far the best purchase on my system to date. It comes with a few different connections so i think you will be ok.

dpfriedman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I installed the 1200 in my Max S 650. Best decision I’ve made. Water is crystal clear. Works perfect!

Eagle78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Juste install reefmat 1200 today, it come with one 1 1/4 inch tubing. I have 1200 gph with no problem but don't know for 2000 ghp... probably yes !

Jack Jack Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just wanna FYI. I have the 1200 on my Reefer 1000S (265g, 210 display). A 3100gph pump going through a huge UV system, vertically, and I went through my first roll in 8 days. Im not sure about the actual number of GPH, but im pretty sure it's over 2000.

It can handle the flow, but it tends to fill up fast and clog faster. So I dialed my flow down to 60 percent of the previous flow, and the second roll last 16 days.

Take this info with a grain of salt though, as the first few rolls (I heard) u go thru fleece faster. Im not sure if this is true of my case however, fyi. Because prior to the Reefmat I always used 100 or 200 micron socks to keep things clean.

GL

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 1200 on my 220 and it’s been one of the best purchases. The first roll was done after about 10-14 days. I’m on my second roll now and it has been about a month and I have only used 10 ft. Just depends how dirty the water is how long the rolls will last. Sorry can’t answer the flow question for certain but I have 1 1/2” piping also and it handles my flow without any issues. I’m sure I’m close to the 2000 gph also. I would say it will handle your flow

Freddie83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hey, just wanna FYI. I have the 1200 on my Reefer 1000S (265g, 210 display). A 3100gph pump going through a huge UV system, vertically, and I went through my first roll in 8 days. Im not sure about the actual number of GPH, but im pretty sure it's over 2000.

It can handle the flow, but it tends to fill up fast and clog faster. So I dialed my flow down to 60 percent of the previous flow, and the second roll last 16 days.

Take this info with a grain of salt though, as the first few rolls (I heard) u go thru fleece faster. Im not sure if this is true of my case however, fyi. Because prior to the Reefmat I always used 100 or 200 micron socks to keep things clean.

GL
Same system here. Did the roll ever slow down for you?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even a bag of carbon?
Nothing - not even bio media. The fleece rolls are only 200-microns so a lot of tiny stuff gets through and will clog anything and everything up in short order - restricting flow and causing increased fleece usage.

witchywoman725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have twin 210g cade aquariums (1 predator, 1 reef) and I have a 1200 and a 500 reef mat. I do not have a gph gauge on either tank but I would say having both basically side by side that their gph rating is fairly accurate. My 1200 handles about double my 500…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back