Is Red Sea's ReefBeat app as bad as the reviews make it out to be?

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know peoples recent experience with the latest version. It's giving me a bit of anxiety because I'm half way done setting up my S-650 but the reviews on the app are painting it as pretty bad.

The list of issues I saw that really bothered me:
  • Not being able to control your spectrum or anything on the LEDs besides switching them on and off
  • The app crashes constantly
  • Really bad connection issues to the point people have had to setup everything again
  • Not being able to get it connected at all
There's more but those are the big ones. Did I make a mistake by choosing Red Sea? I thought they were one of the "higher end" companies so seeing them skimp out on a pretty integral piece of software is very concerning.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know peoples recent experience with the latest version. It's giving me a bit of anxiety because I'm half way done setting up my S-650 but the reviews on the app are painting it as pretty bad.

• Not being able to control your spectrum or anything on the LEDs besides switching them on and off
  • Really bad connection issues to the point people have had to setup everything again
There's more but those are the big ones. Did I make a mistake by choosing Red Sea? I thought they were one of the "higher end" companies so seeing them skimp out on a pretty integral piece of software is very concerning.
I have a ReefDose 2 and I haven't had any issues with using the ReefBeat app so far. It's easy to set up the doser and adjust anything whenever my dosing needs change

NXE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ReefBeat app to control my ReefLED 90s and have none of the issues you mention. The app has a number of lighting presets but you can also adjust the balance between the white and blue channels manually. It has been very reliable for me. I did have some difficulty initially getting my lights connected to my wifi network, but moving them closer to the access point for the initial setup solved that for me, and the connection has been very solid since.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it for my reef dose 4 and have never had an issue. I can even tell if I have a power outage because it will notify me that connection was lost. Ive even changed my dosing schedule while at work. That being said I have no idea how it works with pumps or lights.

Johnbothered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Johnbothered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I totally agree. Ißve recently gotn a new router and was able on,y to ikmplement the 4-dose system but not the res 45 waver´s. I tried all, deleted them from my reef beast list, deleted the app itself and reloaded it. It´s only senseless time consumption and bothering. I cannot understand, why an expensive system is downgaded by such a software.

reef & pond wise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I'd never bought this junk. The app is absolutely horrible, the redsea support is NONE. I BOUGHT A REEF ROLLER MAT 1200 AND DOSER. $800.00 and I have to manually do both. RIDICULOUS! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER REDSEA PRODUCT AGAIN.

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reefdose 4, the reefmat 500, and 2 reewave 25's. Personally, I think the reefmat and reefdose are amazing! Very well designed and easy to use.

The reefwave is a good pump, and once set up works great, but the app is not the most intuitive for setting up wave schedules.

I like that all 3 are connected in the app to toggle on and off though!

I've never had issues getting the wifi; mine worked perfectly right out of the box

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had some redsea 90 lights back in the day and gyre. I would lose connections sometimes. Now I have the roller mat and ato and no issues with them. I did have an issue getting them to connect to the internet but once I got it everything worked no problem.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve run my dosing pumps for over a year and my roller mat 1200 for 6 months and have never had an issue with the app or WiFi.

What issues are you experiencing?

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it for 3 LED90s and a Reef Mat. There's a very slight learning curve but besides that, I don't have any major issues.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t run there lights. As far as what I do use I really haven’t had many issues. I did have some with the reefmat but they took care of it. Overall I’m pretty happy. All the different apps have there own problems Mobius, Apex. It’s just the name of the game.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.jpeg
    IMG_4084.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 9

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back