Is the 17,000-gallon Aquarium of Polo Reef the Ultimate Reef Tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15:00
sulfur reactors should be ph controlled. Especially in such a large system. If the ph drops below 5.5 the denitrification will be very slow. The reactors i have seen in water purification plants were all running at 6.5- 7.0.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a very unnatural look and feel to it.

Edit: I should probably clarify - it is the fish.
Edit 2: I should also add Thank You for the video Tidal Gardens. Very clear, easy to understand, calm, when talking. Passion comes to mind. Thank you for sharing and please do not take my comment as a negative. I'm an active scuba diver so that is my perspective when looking at large displays like this.

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has a very unnatural look and feel to it.

Edit: I should probably clarify - it is the fish.
Edit 2: I should also add Thank You for the video Tidal Gardens. Very clear, easy to understand, calm, when talking. Passion comes to mind. Thank you for sharing and please do not take my comment as a negative. I'm an active scuba diver so that is my perspective when looking at large displays like this.
Is it the amount of fish, different species? Just curious

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the amount of fish, different species? Just curious

Personal preference, scale. So amount of fish. I think I said it in my original comments that they did a great job and clearly love what they have in their home and meant nothing negative. Hopefully that make sense.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal preference, scale. So amount of fish. I think I said it in my original comments that they did a great job and clearly love what they have in their home and meant nothing negative. Hopefully that make sense.

Honestly, I think it's the lack of negative space. Not enough sand showing to counterbalance the amount of coral in the aquarium, IMO.

That is my only critique, but it's still the best reef aquarium I've ever seen.

Back