Is the GHL 2.1 the best option for stand alone Doser?

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's this one I picked up from BRS. I still have it and really like it.

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's this one I picked up from BRS. I still have it and really like it.

Yeah skimz. I just ordered it yesterday seems perfect. Why’d you get rid of your GHL?

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah skimz. I just ordered it yesterday seems perfect. Why’d you get rid of your GHL?

I seem to collect more equipment than corals. At this point I think I've owned every piece of aquarium equipment that has ever hit the market. :) I wish I was kidding. It's a good doser and probably the best on the market.

Owned the Apex doser and Apex containers also and would definitely recommend the GHL one over Apex just because the GHL is more compact and takes up alot less space. Also owned both Apex and GHL controllers and actually liked the Apex controller more.

Last edited:

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to collect more equipment than corals. At this point I think I've owned every piece of aquarium equipment that has ever hit the market. :) I wish I was kidding. It's a good doser and probably the best on the market.

Owned the Apex doser and Apex containers also and would definitely recommend the GHL one over Apex just because the GHL is more compact and takes up alot less space. Also owned both Apex and GHL controllers and actually liked the Apex controller more.

I have 3 DOS systems. I am looking at the GHL as my next purchase as well. Size, awkwardness, and cost get to be a real issue when you go above 2 things to dose. And frankly, I am disgusted that we still can't get container empty alarms for non-DDR containers. To me, GHL looks like the best option now. The Ecotech product looks promising.

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 DOS systems. I am looking at the GHL as my next purchase as well. Size, awkwardness, and cost get to be a real issue when you go above 2 things to dose. And frankly, I am disgusted that we still can't get container empty alarms for non-DDR containers. To me, GHL looks like the best option now. The Ecotech product looks promising.

Yeah. The dos seems really clunky especially if youre dosing more than 5 things. Im hearing lots about ecotech so im going to hold off and see what comes. Do we have any timeline with ecotech's new products?

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. The dos seems really clunky especially if youre dosing more than 5 things. Im hearing lots about ecotech so im going to hold off and see what comes. Do we have any timeline with ecotech's new products?

I would buy them today if they would just release them, ha. Unfortunately it could be tomorrow or two years from now dealing with Ecotech.

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I saw that it might be available by Christmas. I'm waiting too. Gone back to brs pumps while waiting.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back