Is there a neck cleaner (ANC) for Ultra Reef 160?

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an automatic neck cleaner on their Ultra Reef skimmer? I have an Avast Skimmate Locker and hoping to pair it with a new skimmer that has the ability to have an ANC.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AVAST swabbie 6" with small wiper doesn't work because the neck is .1" thicker than the actual wiper, so there's no space for it. The mini wiper won't work because it wouldn't touch the neck.

I also asked about a retrofit, but Avast says it also won't work because of the lid design. Not entirely sure how.

Any other options?

I might reach out to AquaDriver, but no idea if those will fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AVAST swabbie 6" with small wiper doesn't work because the neck is .1" thicker than the actual wiper, so there's no space for it. The mini wiper won't work because it wouldn't touch the neck.

I also asked about a retrofit, but Avast says it also won't work because of the lid design. Not entirely sure how.

Any other options?

I might reach out to AquaDriver, but no idea if those will fit.

I got a hold of AquaDriver and they said the AquaDriver Helix 160 will fit the Ultra Reef Akula 160.

Tips on contacting AquaDriver: goto their Facebook page and message them there. They will respond so quickly. But their contact form/email is a black hole.

I also measured the cup outer diameter and neck inner diameter and got:
Cup OD: 160mm exactly
Neck ID: 73mm exactly

Now, I did this by using a centimeter ruler. I couldn't find any better measuring tools. But I did spend at least 10 minutes making sure I was finding the right measurement.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back