Is there a way to evaluate your Copepod population?

Freakaccident

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to evaluate your Copepod population? I am just trying to make sure I have a healthy population. I don't have a refugium. I added copepods a while back but I am not sure if they multiplied or not. I do see a little bit of slime on my glass with tiny specs caught in it. Are these copepods? I am not sure where to look for them I guess.

Thank You
Aaron

killer2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean your glass, scrape off any algae. Dose some silica to promote diatom growth on the glass, then in a few days you should see pods all over your glass, at least that is how my tank operates.

OP
OP
F

Freakaccident

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean your glass, scrape off any algae. Dose some silica to promote diatom growth on the glass, then in a few days you should see pods all over your glass, at least that is how my tank operates.
I have never added silica. I had never thought of silica being something I need for diatoms. I am researching this.

OP
OP
F

Freakaccident

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so this tank is a 10g Nano. I am not going to dose silica. I read up on it and the solution I would need to dose would be dosed at .13 grams.

After some research, I now see that I probably don't have any copepods in my tank because I run a UV sterilizer and I am not giving that up.

Thank You for your advice. I learned a lot.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%

Back