is there anything I can get to eat my plague of green BTA?

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is over run with BTA's. I mean literally. They are crowding out the other corals. Its a 120 gallon with a 55 gallon sump. I want something that will eat the nems but leave the others alone. But, if that's not possible I will settle for a scorched earth approach at this point and get something that will eat anything. The tank is five years old. Any suggestions?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is over run with BTA's. I mean literally. They are crowding out the other corals. Its a 120 gallon with a 55 gallon sump. I want something that will eat the nems but leave the others alone. But, if that's not possible I will settle for a scorched earth approach at this point and get something that will eat anything. The tank is five years old. Any suggestions?
Best suggestion is to start taking them out and give them away? Surely there's someone in your area who would love to take some of the off your hands? I would for sure! ;)

To my knowledge, most puffer fish likes to munch away on the nems? Whether it will eat it or just damage it, I'm not too sure..

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be great to see them, any pictures... maybe as suggested give them away or sell on ... definitely pictures will help with sales, even £10 each will be better then destroying

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KRAUSE1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd be shocked if an LFS wouldn't give you $10 a piece and they can run a super sale on them.

In my experience, I've sold them locally in bundles for cheap. Usually some guy will want a clownfish/anemone tank and buy a bunch at a time.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd be shocked if an LFS wouldn't give you $10 a piece and they can run a super sale on them.

In my experience, I've sold them locally in bundles for cheap. Usually some guy will want a clownfish/anemone tank and buy a bunch at a time.
That's probably my favourite species specific tank! :star-struck: If I was based in NC no doubt i'd swing by and take some of these off his hands!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking... are you sure they're not majanos?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back