Is this brown jellyfish on my hammer? Help me

Lucafish101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my hammer Cora and in the back I see some sort of brown substance and I can’t tell what it is.

image.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it looks like it...dead tentacles/necrosis. It'll keep spreading until it covers the whole head. You can try taking it out and dipping it in iodine or hydrogen peroxide to try and treat it. I've had mixed results with this treatment and you'll want to make sure you remove all the brown jelly is a separate container before adding it back to your tank.

similar to the image below...
1593556790733.png

OP
OP
L

Lucafish101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it looks like it...dead tentacles/necrosis. It'll keep spreading until it covers the whole head. You can try taking it out and dipping it in iodine or hydrogen peroxide to try and treat it. I've had mixed results with this treatment and you'll want to make sure you remove all the brown jelly is a separate container before adding it back to your tank.

similar to the image below...
1593556790733.png
Is there any way is can we treated

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try taking it out and dipping it in iodine or hydrogen peroxide to try and treat it, use a pipette to remove the dead tissue. I can't promise this will work as I've had mixed results come of it. I've lost two aussie torches trying this treatment but a had an indo torch comeback. Though Aussie torches are known to be hard to keep... I would recommend taking the hammer out as soon as possible, BJD spreads quickly to other euphyllia.

OP
OP
L

Lucafish101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try taking it out and dipping it in iodine or hydrogen peroxide to try and treat it, use a pipette to remove the dead tissue. I can't promise this will work as I've had mixed results come of it. I've lost two aussie torches trying this treatment but a had an indo torch comeback. Though Aussie torches are known to be hard to keep... I would recommend taking the hammer out as soon as possible, BJD spreads quickly to other euphyllia.
Do you know ratio and other instructions for hydrogen peroxide dip

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do 50/50 hydro and tank water

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back