Is this good alage or bad growing in sump

cpt_leo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi new here, need help identifying if this algae growing in my sump i was trying to do a refugium but starting over, after taking out the cheato algae I noticed this growing on the walls . Also have a fuzzy kind on the rocks .
20230925_172943.jpg
20230925_172627.jpg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, ANY algae that grows well in a refugium is "good" algae. The point of a fuge is to grow stuff there that will take up nutrients that would otherwise be used by algae in the display. Most will prefer chaeto, caulerpa, etc, but having gha or other algae in the fuge is no different than having an algae scrubber. Heck, at one point, my fuge was covered in cyano - but zero in the display ;)

OP
OP
cpt_leo

cpt_leo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, ANY algae that grows well in a refugium is "good" algae. The point of a fuge is to grow stuff there that will take up nutrients that would otherwise be used by algae in the display. Most will prefer chaeto, caulerpa, etc, but having gha or other algae in the fuge is no different than having an algae scrubber. Heck, at one point, my fuge was covered in cyano - but zero in the display ;)
Got it thanks for the info! it looks like its growing good ill just let it grow, i was close to cleaning it off also lots of amphipods sure like it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back