Is this reef safe?

efish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to dose this in my reef tank just want to make sure it is in fact reef safe and has anyone used it here with good results

Screenshot_20221111-053513_Chrome.jpg

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to dose this in my reef tank just want to make sure it is in fact reef safe and has anyone used it here with good results

Do you have a bad algae outbreak? I used it in mine and it was fine, just make everything upset for 2 weeks.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the other side where my first thought is I wouldn’t dose it into my system but would find the source of the algae problem

OP
OP
efish

efish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the other side where my first thought is I wouldn’t dose it into my system but would find the source of the algae problem
I was using tap water for the past 8months of this tank, I think that was the problem, tap water had tds of 430, I switched to rodi a few weeks ago, how long do i have to syphon gha off the rocks to see the change?

Last edited:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Flux works great on bryopsis, I’ve used it with no ill affects to fish coral and inverts. I’ve read mixed results on how well it works on gha. For those who said it works it takes much longer. I think you have identified the source of the problem. If it was me I would do frequent and large water changes since you now have RO/DI. It won’t happen overnight but it will solve your problem.

OP
OP
efish

efish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what the 430 ppm is made up of .

I wish I could get cyano figured out with mine .
it comes and goes but never entirely rid of it
Rip I just added another wavemaker and pointed it close to the sand bed and started syphong the sand bed a lot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

While it can be, its an alternative and not solution in many cases as with Bryopsis, you have to get rid of roots or it keeps coming back. First pull what you can by hand - More the better.
Then using a dental pick or small crochet needle, pull off the roots. YOU MUST remove roots or it will keep coming back.
You can then reduce white light intensity . Add cleaners to finish cleanup such as Emerald crabs (which I do not trust, LG astrea snails. chiton snails, Pitho crabs, and pin cushion urchins.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back