Is this stocking okay?

Robbie_Maxwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i just bought myself a 92 gallon corner tank and was just wondering if this stocking list is suitable
2x ocellaris clowns
1x green clown goby
3x green chromis
1x royal gramma
1x fox face rabbit fish
1x Tomini tang
This will be the final stocking and will be spread out overtime. Is this stocking going to work? is it over crowded or is there any other issues that i might have?
Thanks in advance.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The foxface would be cramped in a corner tank IMHO. I know many sites say the One Spot Foxface can go in 70 gallons minimum but I have seen foxfaces in 4 foot long tanks as they get bigger they are incredibly cramped and stressed. I would personally skip the chromis because they tend to pick each other off. The rest of the list looks fine.

OP
OP
Robbie_Maxwell

Robbie_Maxwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The foxface would be cramped in a corner tank IMHO. I know many sites say the One Spot Foxface can go in 70 gallons minimum but I have seen foxfaces in 4 foot long tanks as they get bigger they are incredibly cramped and stressed. I would personally skip the chromis because they tend to pick each other off. The rest of the list looks fine.
Thanks for the reply. Is there any similar fish that is suitable or should i just leave it as is without the foxface?

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Jesterrace on both fish choices. For chromis substitute you could go with a bonded cardinal pair and if you are looking for yellow there is some great choices in the wrasse family or you could with a lemonpeel angelfish. I think its a good stocklist not overstocked at all you only have about 1 fish per 10 gallons.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any similar fish that is suitable or should i just leave it as is without the foxface?

Will it be a reef? If not, a lemonpeel angel would be a good substitute. If you need a reef safe fish, then a yellow wrasse (H. chrysus).

bekate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had three Chromis when I started the tank. Two of them harrassed the third to death within weeks. Apparently, this is normal. I would not get three of them. As far as I know you need a lot of them for a school or just a pair and anything in between won't work out.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another good yellow fish choice is a Canary Fang Blenny. Very peaceful but also not shy and will hold it's own against potential bullies like the gramma. Pops in and out of tight rockwork which many other fish don't do so much.

OP
OP
Robbie_Maxwell

Robbie_Maxwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye
Will it be a reef? If not, a lemonpeel angel would be a good substitute. If you need a reef safe fish, then a yellow wrasse (H. chrysus).
yes i plan on keeping soft and lps for the time being maybe some sps once i gain some experience

OP
OP
Robbie_Maxwell

Robbie_Maxwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the responses. My main issue is that i dont have a lfs that stocks saltwater so i will have to get them shipped to me or else i will have to travel. The only shop that has saltwater fish that i know of in ireland is seahorse aquariums in dublin (and i live in cork) so its not that close. Ill keep an eye out on their website and see if they have any of the species you guys have recommended in the time it takes me to get the tank set up completely . Thanks again guys very much appreciated

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back