Is this streaming service legal?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been arguing with this guy and his customers about the legality of this streaming service. I've argued that it would cost more than $43.99 for the streaming rights so they would be losing money. Am I just naive and this is a legit service? He claims they pay $50k a month for licenses. Another red flag to me is he doesn't ever mention the company, it is always you have to pm to get the info and it is only thru apps, doesn't appear to have a website.

Here is what he posted:

Here is a list of what comes with the service we use:
1. 3500+ total channels
2. Your local channels
3. All NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB games
4. NCAAF and NCCAB games
5. Bally Sports channels
6. 500 ESPN + channels
7. Premium Movie channels
8. 10000 movies and 2700 series( similar to Netflix)
9. Pluto TV
10. DVR and Catch-up on 70 of the most popular channels
11. Most importantly, no contract
12. All this for 43.99 and get 4 connections works best with 4k firesticks
Also available in the google play store in iOS and on web player
Oh and did I mention… pay per view is also included!!
We have enjoyed this service for 3+ years now and it just keeps getting better! And the customer service is top notch too.
Message me today and I can help you get started with our free 3 day trial

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a streaming app called Beast. It was very similar, except cheaper. 15$ a month and could run on up to 3 fire sticks under my account. I do not know the legality of it technically, I had the service for over a year. However, one day it just stopped. I did a little research and it appeared to me that it was a pirated service that avoided early detection because there was a monthly charge. So it appeared legal at first glance. But eventually it was detected and shut down. I received an email saying I would no longer be charged etc.
this was probably 4 years ago so I do not know if things are the same or they have changed.

corey

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's illegal #3 alone. 100% not legit, am 15 yrs in cable industry from several positions.

Streaming is the legit competitor when it's not illegal, report that business to the fcc if you want. We get reported for internet outages to the fcc even if it's storms that knock down someone's delivery line... might as well use your right to report for a legit issue. Ask him how well the service sub would hold up to an audit by mr gov

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I freakin loved it in the 90s so much its ironic i"m a cable guy yay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back