Is this the same mushroom?

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, I will be the first to admit that I am no mushroom expert, I don't normally keep them. BUT... I came across one that I liked on a recent sale. It was listed as a Moonfire Bounce. I did some research and price checking and it seemed like a decent deal, so I went for it.
Well, I am pretty sure that what I received, is not what I bought. Is it even a Moonfire Bounce? There are several color differences that I can note (no striping, orange ring around the edge), and it's not even on the same size plug! I'm wondering if I'm being ridiculous? When I purchase a coral, I expect to receive the exact one in the photo (unless otherwise noted), not one that is somewhat similar. Please pardon the super blue picture, I was trying to get some kind of color to show. It looks overall pretty much green in person.
The vendor has not been very responsive, so before I get really angry... what do you guys think?

MoonFire Bounce1.jpg mushroom.jpg

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the same type, but not a WYSIWYG..I noticed recently. I belive this company on Ebay no longer have corals that are WYSIWYG. Look at description at the bottom of the page..I received mushrooms from them that wernt even close to what I paid for..On thier web site.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back