Is this water ok for reef tank?

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been trying to find RO water for my IORC mix and Im unsure if this would be ok to use its ro but added minerals pic attached

73347908-A55A-47A9-B95E-AC9CBD9AA651.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be better off using distilled water. The issue is that those minerals will throw off levels in the salt and what amount they have I don't know.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be better off using distilled water. The issue is that those minerals will throw off levels in the salt and what amount they have I don't know.
Would be ok to use for now and then go distalled next week? I only do 4 gal wc on my 15 nano so 4 one gallon distalled jugs from Publix wont be too bad

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be ok to use for now and then go distalled next week? I only do 4 gal wc on my 15 nano so 4 one gallon distalled jugs from Publix wont be too bad

I really don't know because I don't know the levels of those added. Maybe @Randy Holmes-Farley might be familiar with them. They aren't harmfil, it's just idk how far off they would throw the salt. You can mix it and then test alk, calcium, mag, and potassium and see

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back