• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Jaegermeister poor transaction

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the time machine colony from Joshua and I paid for the shipping label as required by him.

Joshua and I agreed to wait a few days bc of the weather here in Chicago. I mentioned he should use 2 heatpacks and he said ok. After it got better he shipped the coral out. I got the box and opened it up and the water was ice cold. The 2 "heat packs" used were the hand warmer ones that didn't work. The box was not a styro box but rather a male shift one. It was a foam core board that was cut to make "walls" of the box. It was about 1/8" if that thick. Needless to say the packaging was not well at all. I immediately emailed josh and he said not to worry they should be ok. I told him hopefully they would be bc they were Zoas not something more sensitive. I updated him for 2-3 days in a row with pics showing him how they were "pinched" and nothing but 2-3 polyps out of the "200" would open. He assured me they looked ok and he would take care of me if they died.

Well after a week or so of nothing I informed him and he said they would either die or not. If the died to let him know. Well they did like 1-2 weeks later of never opening. He told me he was out of town and offered to send me a couple things which I already had so I asked if there was anything else he could do bc I didn't want the same things I had. I was willing to work with him on getting some type of replacement.

Well this is where it went south. He finally got back to me after he was back in town and told me that he felt I would never be happy and that I was basically out of luck. I could make a PayPal Claim if I wanted but he was done with the deal. He said this was taking forever and wanted to end this.

So I filed a claim, he then offered me a $100 back and said I bought the corals at my own risk and he never offered DOA guarantee.

I thought about it for 2 days and decided to just take the $100 and leave it alone bc I was tired of "working" with him. But I wanted to just let everyone else know about the poor transaction I had. And give my feedback that I will never purchase from him again. Kinda sucks bc he just kept saying he's not a retailer so he couldn't refund me my money. So basically I'm out 160.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I guess it would be best to add both sides to this story to make sense of some of the story telling.

Here are the facts as I see it.

Buyer requested to delay shipping
Package was only in transit for 14 hours total.
Buyer reported cold water and zoas looked stressed
I requested pictures and he sent me 1 pic that shows multiple zoas open and the rest closed without any damage.
Buyer complained one week later only 3 zoas were open and the rest were the same then bragged about how much money he spends on corals and that he is not a noob. Still reported no melting of zoas. No picture to show corals health
Couple days later buyer emailed me that all the zoas melted
No picture to confirm
I offered many different replacement corals to more than exceeded the value of the coral he refused.
Offered again replacements and buyer declined.
I went on vacation
When I returned I emailed buyer that I wanted the transaction to be over.
Buyer made PayPal claim for full refund
I offered $100 as partial refund even thiugh it has been almost 2 months of dealing with him and NO PROOF. So basically the corals arrived alive and then he says they died without proof and then made a claim for refund.
After all of that I still refunded $100.
So R2R members make up your mind who is being unreasonable.

Thanks
And I'm truely sad this transaction didn't work out. Out of all these years I guess I'm lucky this is my first negative transaction.

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if anyone is seriously interested I can email the entire transcript of emails to you. I will also post the only picture the buyer gave me.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When someone tells u
"yeah the zoas looks ****** off, but no signs of melting or physical damage. what did you dip them in? I suggest leaving them alone for another day and then dip them in a light lugols iodine solution. please note Light dip, as in only use a small container and maybe 5 drops of iodine. they should make it no problem, but again if they don't I'll take care of ya since this was my fault. thanks for the info on the heater and boxes. I will buy some today."

Then back and forth then this.

"I was hoping for more a better news by now. I guess that is better than hearing that they have melted. Keep me posted. Either they die and I'll send something to replace them or they surrive. Keep me posted.
Thanks bro"

Then offer things I already have and I say no I don't want those 3 items.

Then all of a sudden it turns to this
"dude I'm back in the country, to be honest with you I don't think you will he happy with anything I send ya. I just want this deal to close. it has been more than a month and the original picture you sent me didn't show dead zoas. so I don't feel a refund is in order.... I understand you believe the shipping was the culprit but to to be honest it was only in shipping for less than 16 hours total. as far as I can tell this deal is done. but you can always dispute this in paypal. if I was a retailer I would gladly do something more, but I'm just a hobbist just like you and I can't just refund cash like that."

What am I suppose to say?

I've bought from every big name vendor on this forum. And I've never had issues.

It was the poor quality of shipping that caused the Zoas to stress and never open ... There were never more then 8 polyps out of the "200" to open.
I mentioned this to you plenty of times. And u made it seem like no matter what it would be taken care of. Otherwise I would have made a bigger deal. I'm pretty laid back most people who've dealt with me know. But again. I accepted the $100 refund bc I know u will never accept it was ur fault. I should have taken a pic of the poorly made "box" u made out of foam core board and the water temp. That was my mistake. I just want to let everyone know my experience.

I did my best to save them. Trust me. I much rather have the coral than the $200 plus $65 in shipping I paid. I figured with myself paying the shipping, least I could get was adequate materials. I would have sent u a box and heating pads if u asked...

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you feel that way. I tried my best to reconcile with you only for you to give me a attitude. Even now I give my side of the complaint and you're still complaining. You didn't have to take the $100 refund but you did and now you're still complaining. Sir the world doesnt rely on your word. I need proof. Pictures. Even with a paypal claim you would have lost in the end. I've been in this hobby for a long time and never had someone make me refund money for a coral that isn't DOA.

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and please don't remind me on how many thousands of dollars you spend on corals all the time. And how that somehow makes you a marine biologist. That's awesome but keep that to yourself.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send over pic shortly. Even though u'll come up with another excuse.

If I would have lost... Y u offer credit?

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and please don't remind me on how many thousands of dollars you spend on corals all the time. And how that somehow makes you a marine biologist. That's awesome but keep that to yourself.

"Thousand of dollars"... Did I bring this up here?

Lesson learned josh. Don't purchase from you. Plain and simple.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original pic I sent u after they acclimated... This is within 20 min in tank.

IMG_3129.jpg

They looked in rough shape but I was hopeful I could get them to open even though they were pinched shut.

I'll send a pic of them several days later. And again... When u told me.. "Either they die or they don't" and u would "take care of me"... I assumed u were good on ur word.

I would have worked a deal, but I don't need a colony of WOWs or dragon ball z's. and that's what u offered me.

jaugermeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir I tried to take care of you. But after a month of dragging it out and not accepting anything I offer then not offering proof you made it impossible to deal with. And the pic doesnt show dying zoas.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the above pic was the best they were for 2 weeks... again.. i was hopeful... but as everyday past.. they melted...
told Josh everyday they were bad... and he said.. until they die, they are ok...

then this
IMG_3616_zps0e318a9d.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back