Jason fox flame and pink fold high or low light ?

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these two frags last week, been looking for info on them but not finding much, what is the preferred tank placement for these frags,? They are in a 150 gal tank now up high . The tank is lit by 4 a360x . What do you guys recommend as placement for them ?

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak from personal experience yet, just received a fox flame in my BattleBox 2 weeks ago so I have limited experience with it so far. From reading numerous posts it seems like the deep red coloration of the body is easier to keep at "lower PAR" values, in the 200-250 range. I guess that is assuming higher PAR to be 300+ish. After light acclimating I placed it at about 250 PAR in my tank.

Anyone with a thriving colorful colony feel free to chime in if I'm wrong.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my Fox Flame under a lot of light... like so much that your kessils cannot probably get there. It it an easy coral to grow and will do well in either condition. I would not worry about this one too much as long as you are getting it 250-275+ PAR all the way up to 750+.

The Pink Floyd will do well under any conditions, but the better yellow and white contrast comes in medium light, for me. This is in the 350 PAR range. It will do OK with more light, or slightly less, but the colors are not as good, IMO.

Do you have access to a PAR meter?

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my Fox Flame under a lot of light... like so much that your kessils cannot probably get there. It it an easy coral to grow and will do well in either condition. I would not worry about this one too much as long as you are getting it 250-275+ PAR all the way up to 750+.

The Pink Floyd will do well under any conditions, but the better yellow and white contrast comes in medium light, for me. This is in the 350 PAR range. It will do OK with more light, or slightly less, but the colors are not as good, IMO.

Thsts great to hear thank you very much

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fox flame is fine basically anywhere. I have a couple small colonies, with one in roughly 275 par and one 425 par and look close to the same with the only difference is a darker body.

My Pink Floyd is in about 425 par as well and color is pretty nice.

Fox flame is 275 par
A3731281-FD3E-4E34-A16E-E5BB36F1D9BE.jpeg

The other in higher par
3FB5E080-465D-403A-AEDA-DE377A5A69E1.jpeg

Few second video of the Pink Floyd in high par.

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sadly I do not have access to a par meter, I been thinking about gerri g one but having a hard time justifying that expense

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are pretty understanding corals. If you get into some harder kinds, then it might be a good idea, but you should not be able to mess these up too much.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don't need a par meter............just monitor the corals.

For example--Fox Flame will have more of a pinkish color at higher levels.......less light is a deeper red. Not enough light and it will be a rusty red to almost brown.

I break the tank levels into thirds.....upper middle and lower.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need a par meter............just monitor the corals.

For example--Fox Flame will have more of a pinkish color at higher levels.......less light is a deeper red. Not enough light and it will be a rusty red to almost brown.

I break the tank levels into thirds.....upper middle and lower.
explains why mine is rusty red right now. Always thought this one liked lower par for whatever reason..

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back