JawBreaker Opinion

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like the polyp extension isn’t there or am I just buggin for no reason. It’s in a area with about 60-80 PAR and very low flow. I just moved it to this spot 2 days ago.
B6FB3896-C5F7-4282-B5BF-39438E9A3547.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up at an angle like that, there's really no way to see how it is actually layed out other than top down. It doesn't look super happy, but that's also JB'S UNLESS you get them in their perfect spot. They are notoriously finicky.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up at an angle like that, there's really no way to see how it is actually layed out other than top down. It doesn't look super happy, but that's also JB'S UNLESS you get them in their perfect spot. They are notoriously finicky.
He is staying attached which in my opinion is a good sign but he had some decent PE the first 2 days today didn’t look so hot so but my phosphate went from.1-.14 from a dead snail so maybe that’s the culprit

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is staying attached which in my opinion is a good sign but he had some decent PE the first 2 days today didn’t look so hot so but my phosphate went from.1-.14 from a dead snail so maybe that’s the culprit
PE? Are you talking about how it is laying out and expressing? Mushrooms don't have polyps to extend.

It will require the right amount of flow and lighting. Moving it it can take days or longer to settle in

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PE? Are you talking about how it is laying out and expressing? Mushrooms don't have polyps to extend.

It will require the right amount of flow and lighting. Moving it it can take days or longer to settle in
Yes laying down or expressing yeah I’m gonna let it ride for a few days see what happens.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My JB's were always happiest in about 50 par. No joke. They didn't like lights...
Yeah I got some really low light areas in the same flow range. I’ll experiment over the next month or two. Never knew they were so finicky thought under 80 par and low flow ur good thank you for the insight.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back