JBD’s Tank Build(s)

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start by saying a huge thank you to Reef2Reef and Red Sea. I received my Red Sea Reefer 250 prize package this week. It’s quite exciting. I was giddy like a kid at Christmas. I unpacked it and checked to make sure everything made the journey in one piece. All good there. But as much as I want to get started on it, with the way the forecast/predictions are I might wait until after hurricane season. We are less than a mile from the gulf and have had to evacuate more in the past couple years than ever. Down here the saying goes you hide from the wind but you run from the water. Wind and rain from a hurricane are no joke. If the electricity goes out you can fire up the generator and have a party. But you don’t mess with flooding and storm surge. I may just start accumulating pieces for the build now. It will also give us some time to figure out where we will put it. Wasn’t really expecting a new tank but it’s a good problem to have! Another benefit is that will give me some time to figure out what direction I want to go. Maybe a species tank, seahorse, frag tank, I just don’t know yet. So for now, this thread will start out with the build and growth of my 75 gallon mixed reef that began in 2017 until I start the new build with the Reefer. Below are a couple pictures of the new tank.
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4602.jpeg
IMG_4605.jpeg

Tang fastic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see someone do a good seahorse tank. maybe a little group Walea soft coral pygmy seahorse in a reef tank full of softys

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back