JBJ 28 Gal Nano Skimmer

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the JBJ skimmer in the back of my tank, and it does OK. The wooden air stone is cumbersome and doesn't seem to be doing as well as I would like. What skimmers are others using? Really looking to up my game here... I think I would like a HOB, I'm not looking to take out my filter basket. I have a 3w UV sterilizer on one side connected to the return pump and another pump on the other side feeding a PhosBan 150 reactor.

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the JBJ skimmer in the back of my tank, and it does OK. The wooden air stone is cumbersome and doesn't seem to be doing as well as I would like. What skimmers are others using? Really looking to up my game here... I think I would like a HOB, I'm not looking to take out my filter basket. I have a 3w UV sterilizer on one side connected to the return pump and another pump on the other side feeding a PhosBan 150 reactor.
No skimmer for me. I just do weekly 3.5G water changes. All of my corals are doing great(even my monti, birds nest corals).

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No skimmer, no uv. JBJ 28 gallon HQI. It's my old tank that I took down in 2013. Now if I was going to put a skimmer on a JBJ 28 I would do the HOB Aquamax or Reef Octopus. Avoid the IM and CoralLife/Sea Clone.

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the aquamaxx on my 28 it is a beast

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No skimmer, no uv. JBJ 28 gallon HQI. It's my old tank that I took down in 2013. Now if I was going to put a skimmer on a JBJ 28 I would do the HOB Aquamax or Reef Octopus. Avoid the IM and CoralLife/Sea Clone.

Did you have the 150 watt Mh on your tank? Im getting one for a 28 gallon jbj nano cube and am looking for some ideas as to coral placement

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have the 150 watt Mh on your tank? Im getting one for a 28 gallon jbj nano cube and am looking for some ideas as to coral placement

Yeppers, my fav used to be the Radium, next Phoenix, but I do not think they make either DE bulbs now. I hear Hamilton makes a good DE bulb, never used it, was not impressed with Uisho.

After acclimation to lighting sps go up high and directly under the light, that is the placement of the Red Planet Acropora in the image.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 136 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back