Jersey Corals $50 Acro Blowout! Ecotech Sale! Fish Sale! Coral Giveaway!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7-

Marine Biology Ocean GIF

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 and lets get some discussion going;
Any actual new advancements in reefing equipment in the near future? I pretty much see "new" protein skimmers (same old design same old sicce pump woohoo). For leds it seems that ab+ spectrum is the new gold standard but have there been any improvements to make lights better? Any new aquarium controller, computers get new components and upgrades every year, when was the last big apex hardware update? Just some stuff i was thinking about feel free to chime in or not

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 and lets get some discussion going;
Any actual new advancements in reefing equipment in the near future? I pretty much see "new" protein skimmers (same old design same old sicce pump woohoo). For leds it seems that ab+ spectrum is the new gold standard but have there been any improvements to make lights better? Any new aquarium controller, computers get new components and upgrades every year, when was the last big apex hardware update? Just some stuff i was thinking about feel free to chime in or not
Here's a "new" protein skimmer with a different design and no sicce pump

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the mastertronic will be really cool but i think it is having launch issues right now, not sure. And also for the reefer with a lot of money

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already been out for years with the aeraqua duo just a budget version, nothing really innovative on reefbuilders these days
I guess im stuck in the stone age of reef keeping.... i dont need any apex updates or new skimmer design. i dont want to buy any new equipment i wanna grow coral with the equipment i have.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess im stuck in the stone age of reef keeping.... i dont need any apex updates or new skimmer design. i dont want to buy any new equipment i wanna grow coral with the equipment i have.
Agreed, but it would be nice to have an option to not buy an aquarium controller made in like 2016, for a cheaper price. Horticultural lighting has come a long way too, maybe we will see some leds make there way to the reefing world as well

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back