jlanger's 120gal Arts and Crafts Inspired Reef Build

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and stand! I showed this to my husband, who also loves woodworking. I'm thinking on my next tank, I will really put him to work ;), of course having that sander and wide planer would make it go much faster! I've bookmarked your thread!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful job!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pictures!!! Thank you for sharing them.

LibertyStarr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! This is stunning and very well thought out! I absolutely am in love with your tank and creativity. I'm an artist and worked with many things and renovated homes but never dreamt of this! Thanks for sharing and the details. Maybe one day I won't be too afraid to tackle my own! Great job it is beautiful!

Cyclone-G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason is an active member of our local club and kind of a legend up in the Twin Cities. His woodworking skills along with his knowledge of coral and fish husbandry make him an expert that many look to for answers. His meticulous attention to detail shine through in every aspect of his tank and equipment. I've enjoyed reading through his threads and hearing him comment on others threads. Hopefully this thread will give folks on RtoR some inspiration and we'll get to see more of this type of furniture quality aquariums.

Aussie paul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this entire thread and all I can say is WOW. The tank the stand and hood all amazing great job

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a beautiful male anthias you have there.
What do you feed those fishes and how many times do you feed them a day?

Thanks

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing stand...I have just enough experience to know that is some fine work and great finishing. I really like the design itself too.

(Nice pictures!)

So I just drilled a 3/16" hole into the caps of the bottles and pushed the rigid tubing through; leaving enough for the flexible tubing to attach to it.

I scanned the rest of the thread and didn't notice you having a problem, but figured it may take a while to get noticed so...

Make sure there's enough space for air to get into those dosing bottles as you pump out the liquids. I did the same thing and they all developed a vacuum strong enough to stop the doser...

I just went back an drilled a 1/32 air hole next to the rigid tubing in each cap.

$0.02.

OP
OP
jlanger

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing stand...I have just enough experience to know that is some fine work and great finishing. I really like the design itself too.

(Nice pictures!)

I scanned the rest of the thread and didn't notice you having a problem, but figured it may take a while to get noticed so...

Make sure there's enough space for air to get into those dosing bottles as you pump out the liquids. I did the same thing and they all developed a vacuum strong enough to stop the doser...

I just went back an drilled a 1/32 air hole next to the rigid tubing in each cap.

$0.02.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back