OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show some pics of what you did? I’m getting an oversized AIO tank that will accept a 7” filter sock and I’m hoping to use the Klir-7 with it. I’d love to see more details about what your setup with the Klir-4 is like.
I took some photos but a video would be better. Let me see if I can get one up.

OP
OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of my current setup.

Attachments

• IMG_7420.JPEG
    IMG_7420.JPEG
    241 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_7419.JPEG
    IMG_7419.JPEG
    182.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_7418.JPEG
    IMG_7418.JPEG
    89.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_7416.JPEG
    IMG_7416.JPEG
    135.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7415.JPEG
    IMG_7415.JPEG
    165.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_7414.JPEG
    IMG_7414.JPEG
    192.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7413.JPEG
    IMG_7413.JPEG
    127.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7412.JPEG
    IMG_7412.JPEG
    240.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7407.JPEG
    IMG_7407.JPEG
    200.8 KB · Views: 153

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of my current setup.
Thanks for posting the pictures. So it looks like you removed the sensor from the body of the roller mat and just have it kinda dangling there in the overflow? And then when the water rises far enough to activate the sensor it advances the fleece roll and the water level then drops? Do I have that right?

OP
OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the pictures. So it looks like you removed the sensor from the body of the roller mat and just have it kinda dangling there in the overflow? And then when the water rises far enough to activate the sensor it advances the fleece roll and the water level then drops? Do I have that right?
Yes, except I’m using magnets to keep the optical sensor in place. I’m using the Neptune ATK optical sensor holder since it also happens to fit the Klir optical sensor.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, except I’m using magnets to keep the optical sensor in place. I’m using the Neptune ATK optical sensor holder since it also happens to fit the Klir optical sensor.
That’s great. I will easily be able to implement something similar with the Klir-7. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us all how you made this work.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting build, following! I've been exploring the IM SR AIOs for upgrade/consolidation of two nanos. Interesting how much equipment you are able to manage in those AIO chambers, especially the filter rollers!

What is the running cost of your setup? Disclaimer: your spouse/significant other didn't send me, haha.

OP
OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting build, following! I've been exploring the IM SR AIOs for upgrade/consolidation of two nanos. Interesting how much equipment you are able to manage in those AIO chambers, especially the filter rollers!

What is the running cost of your setup? Disclaimer: your spouse/significant other didn't send me, haha.
Hi Thanks for following and if you are on the fence about the SR series, I wouldn't hesitate. I have a Red Sea Max 250 and a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 as well but I'm really finding the SR to be my favorite (even with the chip that I put on it that I can no longer see).

The comment about the spouse is hilarious! I would have to put all of what I've spent so far in a spreadsheet to figure it out. I tried to get a bunch of things second hand like the tank from my local marine group, here and FB Market to save money but I still ended up buying a bunch of things brand new. It definitely added up. This may take some time to add up but stay tuned...

OP
OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those looking, I was also able to find these online:

I almost bought them but since I had an extra Neptune ATK optical magnet bracket, it looks to be the same exact way it holds the sensor down so I just ended up keeping the ATK optical magnetic holders.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those looking, I was also able to find these online:

I almost bought them but since I had an extra Neptune ATK optical magnet bracket, it looks to be the same exact way it holds the sensor down so I just ended up keeping the ATK optical magnetic holders.
Thanks, that’s great info. I didn’t know something like that existed.

OP
OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current stock list with video:

Onespot Foxface
Coral Beauty
Fire fish
Carpenter Wrasse
Scopa Tang
Tomini Tang
Flame Shrimp

OP
OP
JDadX3

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has finally cycled and is doing fantastic. I must admit I kinda got carried away and immediately bought a ton of lps and sps which ended up badly. However, I'm feeling pretty good about this tank and my other 2. I'll post pics probably tomorrow sometime but at this point I have the SR80 and my other two on automatic water changes using DOS pumps down to my RODI tanks in the basement.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 39 20.7%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 65 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back