John Jhildebrand Look Here

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of spite I am posting here instead...What size pump you looking for? I may have a couple of little giant pumps.

Eric

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, you got my attention anyway....!

Need something to move enough water to mix salt quickly on a 210g container. It'll be used just for that and plumbed to the mixing tank. My spare eheim is too small, so i'm looking at alternatives if the price is right.

You still need a hand with plumbing?

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I still need a hand with the plumbing. Let me guess your thinking a trade off of some kind? LOL...

Eric

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size pump you looking for? Anyone kind in particular? I kind of know how you do your research and so forth so I am thinking you have a pump in mind.

Eric

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, nothing in mind. It's basically going to be something like this (image from coralfragger101). There's about six feet of head and it'll only be on when mixing salt. I want to be able to throw a whole 200 gallon bucket of salt in and turn the pump on and have nicely mixed salt soon after. The opening on the 210 gal container is small, so hand mixing and powerheads with four foot cords are out. Going to uniseal and plumb the pump.
SaltMixingStation.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you getting your uniseals from John? This is looking kind of what I am thinking of doing just not a coninuous like yours. Where did you end up getting the Storage tank from?

Eric

Last edited:

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. I usually get uniseals from Bulk Reef Supply, but they don't have the sizes I need. Tank came from National Tank Outlet and manufactured by Norwesco. It was a pain and the customer service blew. It probably had a lot to do with it being a small one-time order. It was frustrating, but it's here now and I like the tank. I had to crawl inside to scrub red algae off the tank walls and bottom. PIA...

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be - that link has all sizes and cheap too! Let me know what you need and I'll order in the next couple of days. Thanks again Paul PSU.

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need four of them just need to figure out what size I want. Right now I run a 3/4" bulkhead with a valve

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back