JOIN US THIS SAT & SUN FOR OUR LIVE SALE WEEKEND EVENT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
won a mystery frag
Imight buy shipping but I just dont know what the frag is
cuz if its an acro im done for
It's called a mystery frag for a reason :D

eng.gif

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IK
but an acro?
im dead if its one
but I can also just buy a frag for 20$ so... or a hammer for 25$
so idk why I would pay $20 for a maybe, small frag...
when I can just pay 5 extra $ for a hammer
Shipping is usually only beneficial if you buy several frags or one REALLY great deal.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAIIIIIIIT @CodyBot. 10. Prizes and Gift Cards won can be used for this sale but you must have made a purchase of either a shipping module or a frag priced over $5 to qualify to win games… shipping modules will be refunded if no corals are bought.

so I can buy shipping for the mystery frag, but cuz I didn't buy any corals, I get it refunded?

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes. You have to buy shipping if you win any prize.
And to add context to those reading, there is no such thing as a shipping fee that breaks even for a vendor. For instance, say you spend $40 on shipping and you get 6-8 frags. First off, the box alone is about $10. Then the packaging, heat/cool packs are easily another $5. Now, the shipping itself is in the $50-70 range. Point being, even at $40, that's only about half of what it costs, and the vendor just eats the other half. It's an unfortunate part of online sales, but it's the only way they can happen. So, Both the vendor and customer splitting that cost seems fair.

Otherwise, if there were no online sales, then your LFS would be the only game in town, and 100% guaranteed their prices would go up. So, you're either paying for it with shipping or paying for it at the store. Just part of the cost built into the nature of this hobby.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to add context to those reading, there is no such thing as a shipping fee that breaks even for a vendor. For instance, say you spend $40 on shipping and you get 6-8 frags. First off, the box alone is about $10. Then the packaging, heat/cool packs are easily another $5. Now, the shipping itself is in the $50-70 range. Point being, even at $40, that's only about half of what it costs, and the vendor just eats the other half. It's an unfortunate part of online sales, but it's the only way they can happen. So, Both the vendor and customer splitting that cost seems fair.

Otherwise, if there were no online sales, then your LFS would be the only game in town, and 100% guaranteed their prices would go up. So, you're either paying for it with shipping or paying for it at the store. Just part of the cost built into the nature of this hobby.
but, if im doing pickup tho
and point still stands
WAIIIIIIIT @CodyBot. 10. Prizes and Gift Cards won can be used for this sale but you must have made a purchase of either a shipping module or a frag priced over $5 to qualify to win games… shipping modules will be refunded if no corals are bought.

so I can buy shipping for the mystery frag, but cuz I didn't buy any corals, I get it refunded

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

It usually costs vendors close to $100 per box to ship live overnight.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back