July Trip to Tritons Garden.

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent this message to Tritons Garden this afternoon and just recieved this message from Jack.

Jack and Kathy,

I hope this message finds you all well. CARC had it's monthly meeting today and we talked about making a trip up to see ya'll next month. We would like to know if Saturday, July 25th would work. If this is a bad day, let us know what would be better. We appreciate the offer to host one of our meetings and are looking forward to making it up there.
Respectfully Yours,

From Jack

The 25th sounds good to us. You want it in the morning or afternoon? It
doesn't matter to us. You guys can decide on a time.
Maybe it won't be to hot. We have been struggling with the heat lately. The tanks were up to 85 at one point so we shifted the light cycle so the lights go off in the afternoon heat.

We'll have some bbq pork from a local bbq house.

Jack

We need to decide what time we are going to leave so we can let them know. I am for leaving mid morning that way we can stay for a while and get back before it gets to late.

brandon2432

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want to leave around 9:30 or 10:00? How long does it take to get there Jack?

OP
OP
KingRicky

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Map Quest says 2 hours and 14 minutes. So I would say yes, leave around 9:30 to 10:00. We just need to figure out where to meet.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys we know you all are coming a long ways but just so you know we will have BBQ and slaw for you all and something special for you all... we wil keep you guessing until you get here..... Do you all have a specific topic or demo you all want or do you all just want to come a socialize. the more the merrier it does not matter if you are montgomery, middle Alabama or North alabama or middle tennessee, you all are always welcome! COME SEE US WE ARE ALWAYS HAPPY TO HAVE FOLKS COME BY. LOADS OF STUFF IN THE TANKS, AND A NEW SHIPMENT IN THE MORNING.

OP
OP
KingRicky

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys and girls,

Jack and Kathy need a list of all going to visit them this weekend. I have sent an email to everyone in the club but thought that I would put a post to let those know that aren't on the email list. If you plan to attend, either pm me or post in this thread.
We also need to set a time to meet at the Park and Ride on Saturday morning. It is about a 2:00 to 2:30 hour drive to get to them. If we want to get there around noon, I say we leave at 9:30 or so.

Thanks

brandon2432

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to fix air conditioners someone pick me up something. I wish I could go but I have to work.:( Take some pictures for me. I will have to make a trip up later.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But we appreciate that you fix air conditioners! :)

If my frag of green and yellow milli is coming along like I think it is, you've got a frag here already. Long story short, I'm new to SPS. It looked like the tissue was receding so I clipped a small frag off that was healthy. Turns out it's looking more and more like a new branch of coral. Oooops! If they both do well, you get the first frag for visiting the house when I needed it!

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I have a dessert prepared... if you don't like banana pudding, buy a candy bar to take with you.

OP
OP
KingRicky

KingRicky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack and Kathy,

Thank you for hosting our club today. We enjoyed the hospitality and Bar B Que. You have a very impressive set up, the frags looked very nice. I am glad that I didn't have anymore money to spend or I would be in trouble at home, I could have spent my whole paycheck while we were there. I look forward to visiting ya'll again.

Thanks,
Ricky

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ricky, Thank you so much for coming up today.... we had a great time visiting with all of you. I hope everything with your corals is good..... you all are welcome anytime. I am here everyday and Jack is here in the late evening and weekends.... all I can say is .... YA'LL COME ANYTIME".
Thanks for all the great conversation and Great company.

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack and Kathy,
I cant tell you enough how much fun i had Saturday thank you fow letting us come up

Paul

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 158 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back