Just add water Red Sea 425 XL / WrasseTasic

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to say 1 hour 20 minutes. I’m in Hunterdon county. Very nice wrasse but $700 hurts. Diamond tail flasher is a fraction of the price and Is a stunner. That said I payed allot. . They do get big for a flasher. Mine is probably close to 5”.

Distant neighbors then. Has you diamond tail darkened with age by any chance? I’ve had two over the years. The last one almost turned black after about a year. It was under MH. The first kept its vivid colors and was under T5s and more of a bluer light. I wondered if light intensity had something to do with that. Either way I’m on the lookout for another.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Distant neighbors then. Has you diamond tail darkened with age by any chance? I’ve had two over the years. The last one almost turned black after about a year. It was under MH. The first kept its vivid colors and was under T5s and more of a bluer light. I wondered if light intensity had something to do with that. Either way I’m on the lookout for another.
Haven’t notice that but he is a darker maroon color but under more white he looks more orange. His color really seems to vary on his mood and how the tank lights hit him. He looks better lower he is in the tank. Any advice for me. I know nothing about them.

That is interesting about the color differences you saw. I’ll be curious to see if he darkens over time. Wow you had two and going for number three! I will keep my eyes open for you.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48
A little wrasse splam
FB_IMG_1616697287241.jpg

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t notice that but he is a darker maroon color but under more white he looks more orange. His color really seems to vary on his mood and how the tank lights hit him. He looks better lower he is in the tank. Any advice for me. I know nothing about them.

That is interesting about the color differences you saw. I’ll be curious to see if he darkens over time. Wow you had two and going for number three! I will keep my eyes open for you.
I never read something like it, it should be awesome to notice it.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never read something like it, it should be awesome to notice it.
It’s not a drastic change. The colors are their but lighting varies what is seen by eye. If he is very excited then he gets very vibrant but many wrasse can color up that way.

Update
Haven’t done much but keep living things alive. Work schedule leaves very little time and now yard work starts.
Unfortunately a week ago my flame wrasse disappeared. With no real cuc in the 20 gallon I’m guessing it jumped out of a small gap and lost behind stand.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%

Back