K7 Mini arm length

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 35cm. What's the size of your tank?
Thanks for the reply. I have several small builds that I was considering these for. Also as a substitute for another brand on a tank. It looks like these would work on the 15 Peninsula--barely, not work on the 20 Peninsula and would work on the 40 Breeder builds.

Actually, maybe it won't work. In looking at the pictures again it appears that the bottom 5cm or so is not flexible. Is that true?

Last edited:

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I have several small builds that I was considering these for. Also as a substitute for another brand on a tank. It looks like these would work on the 15 Peninsula--barely, not work on the 20 Peninsula and would work on the 40 Breeder builds.

Actually, maybe it won't work. In looking at the pictures again it appears that the bottom 5cm or so is not flexible. Is that true?
My K7 mini just arrived today - I can make you a video if you’d like, honestly one of my first thoughts out of the box was how nice the mount arm was, having the Kessil a series gooseneck before i exoected another snake battle trying to get the arm set up but it’s extremely flexible - it was recommended on a 30g tank thread here by noop

its like the bottom 2.5” are firm and not the malleable mounting arm along with maybe .75” at the top

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My K7 mini just arrived today - I can make you a video if you’d like, honestly one of my first thoughts out of the box was how nice the mount arm was, having the Kessil a series gooseneck before i exoected another snake battle trying to get the arm set up but it’s extremely flexible - it was recommended on a 30g tank thread here by noop

its like the bottom 2.5” are firm and not the malleable mounting arm along with maybe .75” at the top
That would be awesome. Thanks for the additional info. I think I'll keep what I have on the 15 pen, get a longer arm for what I have for the 20 pen but these might be perfect over a 40 breeder. I need to do some tank moves and I figure that I will probably leave the 40 up after the moves so it will need its own lights. I was thinking that two to start and then maybe three later of these ought to be just right. Since it's a 40 breeder the light only has to be able to reach 9" over the tank for the centerline. Do you think it will reach?

How do you like the colors and programming?

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome. Thanks for the additional info. I think I'll keep what I have on the 15 pen, get a longer arm for what I have for the 20 pen but these might be perfect over a 40 breeder. I need to do some tank moves and I figure that I will probably leave the 40 up after the moves so it will need its own lights. I was thinking that two to start and then maybe three later of these ought to be just right. Since it's a 40 breeder the light only has to be able to reach 9" over the tank for the centerline. Do you think it will reach?

How do you like the colors and programming?
I will take some measurements when I get inside - It’s worth mentioning directly that the mount will not fit on a rimmed tank as of 9/1/22 colors & app seem awesome for as early in development as they are - light honestly kicks butt except for mounting issue

OP
OP
tharbin

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take some measurements when I get inside - It’s worth mentioning directly that the mount will not fit on a rimmed tank as of 9/1/22 colors & app seem awesome for as early in development as they are - light honestly kicks butt except for mounting issue
Yeah, I saw your other thread on the mount issue. Too bad as I wont cut the rim.

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I saw your other thread on the mount issue. Too bad as I wont cut the rim.
I found a solution, some spare mounting screws for a Kessil spectrum wall mount, the screws for the grooves perfectly and were about .5’’ longer- working on making sure the screws are sturdy enough

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 42
Back