Kamoer X1 Review: A Nearly Flawless Programmable Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally getting around to setting up the x1 pro i bought. When i try to calibrate through the app it stalls after i input the volume of liquid it pumped after 10 seconds.

Who else has had this problem, ive tried restarting the app several times. On android

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone show me a dosing line adapter that worked for them to use standard tubing? I tried using one that should work but the adapter was still too big. Biggest annoyance of this doser.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I am thinking about buying a Kamoer X1 dosing pump to run my Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer or a #BRS Pearlistic pump and run it off a timer... Like to get your thoughts and opinions?

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I am thinking about buying a Kamoer X1 dosing pump to run my Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer or a #BRS Pearlistic pump and run it off a timer... Like to get your thoughts and opinions?

I have the same setup as you, but with the x1 pro 2. I would hold off until a firmware upgrade is released If any.I’ve been having the same problem as others with the firmware time and app time not staying in sync. This affects the stirrers ability to maintain my dosing schedule which is starting to throw my ph and alk values out of wack. I’ll be switching to the gen2 versa’s that are hopefully coming soon.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any other x1 pro 2 owners have the android app time not staying in sync? I have only come across this one post about it so far, thanks.

reefer333_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a question for X1 and X1 pro 2 owners. What is the dosing speed of the pump? For example: if I am dosing the total volume of 120 ml a day and selected to dose 12 times a day, I will be dosing 10 ml each time. How long does it take for Kamoer X1 and X1 pro to dose that 10ml one time (in term of minutes or seconds)? My understanding is that there isn't an option to select the pump speed and my concern is that the pump may dump 10ml of solution in less than one minute into the tank. Thanks.

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be hard to say for sure without re-calibration. That would be the best way to check the amount dosed within a specific time frame. From my experience the doser does not put out a stream if that’s your concern. Would it be possible to dose in high flow?

reefer333_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be hard to say for sure without re-calibration. That would be the best way to check the amount dosed within a specific time frame. From my experience the doser does not put out a stream if that’s your concern. Would it be possible to dose in high flow?
Thanks for the reply. I did reach out to CoralVue and answer I got (for those of you who are interested) was 10ml will be dosed under 20-30 seconds. I am currently using BRS doser which put out 1.1ml per minute, so that will be quite a change from my current rate. My dosing line is in return chamber in the sump, so flow is at the rate of the return pump. Even if I add another pump to the chamber to increase the flow, I am just worried that alk/cal will precipitate onto my return pump (due to heat from the pump) if dosed quickly.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back