Kessil A360we Tune Blue on Freshwater Planted?

kput

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting here since I'm having a terrible time finding answers, and honestly most freshwater forums aren't helpful at all..

I have 3 Kessil A360we Tuna Blue's from the 180g reef tank I'm converting to FW. I know I can pick up the Tuna Sun lights, designed specifically for FW, but why sell my Kessils for used values, then pay new pricing on the Suns if I can use the Blues on the FW tank? I know the Kessils can be set to get rid of all the blue lighting so it's more natural for Freshwater, but does anyone have experience doing this? I have read people saying they've used them on FW and they work great.

I've also looked at the Lominie Asta 120's for something more budget friendly.. I've actually ordered one and am planning on comparing PAR data between this and my Kessil.

Thanks!

Last edited:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting here since I'm having a terrible time finding answers, and honestly most freshwater forums aren't helpful at all..
Then you went to the wrong ones.. Also most FW-ers aren't spring buku bucks for lights that will be used at 1/2 power or less (Lower "PAR" demands) so few would have any experience in this..

I have 3 Kessil A360we Tuna Blue's from the 180g reef tank I'm converting to FW. I know I can pick up the Tuna Sun lights, designed specifically for FW, but why sell my Kessils for used values, then pay new pricing on the Suns if I can use the Blues on the FW tank? I know the Kessils can be set to get rid of all the blue lighting so it's more natural for Freshwater, but does anyone have experience doing this? I have read people saying they've used them on FW and they work great.

I've also looked at the Lominie Asta 120's for something more budget friendly.. I've actually ordered one and am planning on comparing PAR data between this and my Kessil.
Thanks!
Works fine.. technically... but a personal note ..will look way too blue and washed out on even the best "white" setting..estimate
image1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
kput

kput

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you went to the wrong ones.. Also most FW-ers aren't spring buku bucks for lights that will be used at 1/2 power or less (Lower "PAR" demands) so few would have any experience in this..

Works fine.. technically... but a personal note ..will look way too blue and washed out on even the best "white" setting..estimate
image1.png
I'm on FishLore and I just haven't gotten a lot of good technical information off the site.. joined planted aquariums today, but really not a lot of info at all on good lights for 24" deep.. I don't want a bar or strip light so I'm limited on pendant selection.

Thanks for that chart, I don't really know a ton about the color channels and such. I ordered one of the lights off Amazon and will have someone with a PAR meter test it out for me vs the Kessil. I'll hold the kessil over one of my FW tanks and see how I feel about the colors

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back