Kessil A360X with Aquatic Life T5 - Bulb question

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 90gl tank with 2 Kessil A360X lights and the Aquatic Life Hybrid T5. I am replacing the T5 bulbs as they are approaching end of life. I am going with 3 ATI Blue Plus Bulbs.

The choice of the 4th bulb is my question. I am debating between a Coral Plus or a Purple Plus. I was wondering what others have experienced with these bulbs.

any input is much appreciated. I am also using the default out of the box settings for the Kessil's also.
Thanks

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The choice of the 4th bulb is my question. I am debating between a Coral Plus or a Purple Plus. I was wondering what others have experienced with these bulbs.
Both are good bulbs, and a good mix with Blue+. The Coral+ is more of a daylight bulb, as is has a broader spectrum, although it still has a lot of blue. The Purple+ actually blends well with the Blue+, because B+ has a little 'green' that can be balanced out with the P+.

Can't really go wrong with good T5 bulbs. Especially since you can adjust color on the Kessils.

What will the schedule be like? As in, will you run the Kessils alone at the beginning and end of the day, or the T5s, or all at once?

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are good bulbs, and a good mix with Blue+. The Coral+ is more of a daylight bulb, as is has a broader spectrum, although it still has a lot of blue. The Purple+ actually blends well with the Blue+, because B+ has a little 'green' that can be balanced out with the P+.

Can't really go wrong with good T5 bulbs. Especially since you can adjust color on the Kessils.

What will the schedule be like? As in, will you run the Kessils alone at the beginning and end of the day, or the T5s, or all at once?
nereefpat:

I currently run the default Kessil program which is 8am - 8am....with ramp up and rammp down. They max out at 60% for 4hrs by default. I run the T5 from 12pm to 8pm. Have had this setup for the first year. Just thought I would try a different mix of bulbs in the T5 fixture. Currently I have (2) True Actinic and (2) Coral Plus.

are you or anyone else running this configuration?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run T5 only. 6 bulb fixture. 9 hours.

When I run ATI bulbs, I usually run a mixture of Blue+ and Coral+. Sometimes I mix a purple plus in.

In your situation, I might run 2 B+ and 2 coral + for about 6 hours and ramp the kessils during the evening. Blue + is ATI's best overall bulb. But like I said, you can't go wrong.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back