L.e.a.r.

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lake Erie Advance Reefers...

This is a new club just starting up for Advance reefers. This club aims to be a laid back club for advance reefers with monthly meetings at locations such as bw3's or the like. Sort of like how CORA started up, just a bunch of people with the same interests meeting for beers and food to discuss saltwater related topics...and go from there. We'd like to do things like the Coral of the Month, Small monthly raffles, DIY projects and more. Possible member hosted meetings as well. Everything is still up for discussion, when we get a time and date figured out it will be posted.
One thing this club is not for is to take away from C-Sea, I will still attend C-sea meetings through out the years to come, this is just something for more advance reefers. A place were we can have round table meetings and get togethers more so then formal meetings.
During the first meeting we'll discuss what we want from are gathering of like minded friends, club by-laws, do we have a president/vice president club or do we do something different... Have 4 officers all with the same "POWER" and responsiblity that have to come to a 3 out of 4 vote to change or go forward with anything club related.
That being said, I'm aiming at a more gathering type atmosphere then a meeting.

Our club will have it's own forum here on r2r, thank you revtree.

Open for input,
Whats a good night and time of the month for everyone to meet up?
Ok, the ball is rolling, this has been talked about for going on 6-7 years now maybe even longer.
Happy reefing
Erik

JalexS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Justin, just joining in on the discussion.

I'm in for this. Thursday nights any week would be good for me in general, though I'm pretty flexible in general.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its cool you are doing that, however I have two problems. First Lake Erie is still a ways north for me, second I'm not advanced. :-/

I wish we had a club more centrally located, there would be a bigger membership I think because people from every direction could join, I doubt many people from Canada will be taking the boat ride to get to the meetings. Good luck and I hope you and the other members still take the time for CSEA.

OP
OP
S

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will, Strongsville bw3's was discussed as a location, that's not super far from you Zach.

OP
OP
S

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Thursday November 12th at 7:30 at the BW3's in Elyria will be the first LEAR meeting. Post or pm me if you plan to make it so I no how many tables to put together.
Erik

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erik sounds good!

I have a network install on the 12th so i might not be able to make it. It really all depends on how well everything goes and how soon i can get home from Streetsboro. Ill try to keep you updated!

But I would love to join!

OP
OP
S

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like 9 so far confirmed for Thursday, keep em coming guys

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an idea, I think some high-end grow outs would be a good idea for the club.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give me the word and I will create you your own forum here and move this thread there.

OP
OP
S

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good rev, I think we're ready. a few more confirmed for Thursday, looks to be a good turn out.
Erik

OP
OP
S

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a couple of supports for the club, one big step in the right direction!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back