Lights overwhelming Apex

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2ea. 16" Mars Aqua lights and 1 ea. 32" SBReef light hanging 14" over a 6' 125g tank. All 3 lights have been modified to use with Apex ramping. When I hook up all 3 lights on 1 DVM via a 3-way Cat5 coupling it overloads the Apex and it will shut down. (controller and display - no power, EB8 0range blinking) If I only plug in the 2 Mars lights or the SBR light on by itself, no problems and ramping works as it should. I tried hooking up the Mars lights on DVM1 and the SB on DVM2 and it made no difference, except instead of power going off it dimmed the display light so I unplugged it. Is this some sort of voltage problem? I have 2ea. (3) outlet extension cords in the valence to power the blues on one cord and the whites on the other cord. I have a 3-way coupling for Cat5 hookup from each light to a single Cat5 to the Apex. Any ideas why this is happening?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to ask this question directly to the people that make the Apex?

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back