• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Litermeter pump

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade my ato pump. Lifting from basement to display upstairs and the tunze pump isn't cutting it.

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you probably want, ideally, is a Litermeter remote pump module (RPM), which, by the way, is a less expensive option—-though both are hard to find currently—-and not one of their main units as an RPM serves the purpose when hacked and wired to an Osmolator. A Litermeter main unit is tied to its internal settings that you program after calibrating the pump and pumps a certain pre-set volume spread out 150 times per day whether needed or not while an RPM will pump on demand as instructed by your Osmolator until its sensors realizes you need no additional tip-off water supplied and shuts off the RPM. Another option is to get a Tunze switched socked (I just snagged a used one off eBay for around $35 shipped) and plug in any one of a multitude of choices of pumps although to push water uphill and also because of its long term reliability, a Litermeter is the gold standard. Sorry for the long note (and run on sentences) but I think my comments are accurate and hope they help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back