Live Sale Promotion and other ideas

Kawicivic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R is quickly becoming the Live Sale capitol of the world.... or maybe just of the marine aquarium trade. I was thinking, that it might be cool to start ranking how well vendors do these live sales. I have been part of many of these sales, and some vendors really make them fun through wacky promotions and freebies. Some vendors run sales that are so busy its hard to get a frag and others there are plenty of frags to go around.

I think it would be really cool if R2R could devise a point system to score a live sale. Points could be awarded based on the highest number of people in the thread, total number of frags sold, number of frags sold for $x (example: under $5), number of freebies given away, etc.

I would hope that vendors would enjoy something like this as a form of bragging rights. Maybe R2R could start a thread that explains how live sales works and the current vendor with the highest ranked live sale would be have their banner in the first post or something.

This thought just came to mind, but I think it would be a neat little thing that could showcase one of the things that makes R2R unique. If a point system was too much, maybe at the end of the year, R2R could have a vote for best live sale of the year and crown a champion. I am sure other categories could be created for a best of R2R award thread.

:first:

OP
OP
K

Kawicivic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I Get points for being the originator and mastermind of doing the first live sale ever? :bounce:

That is why I think its a good idea... I have heard others claim the same...

If R2R crowns a champ, then its true bragging rights!

As for whether you get points, you should just be able to win the crown since you have the most experience :D

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a way to have them in a r2r chat room. That way its always refreshing by itself and a mod could monitor it to ensure no rules are being broken( cursing, etc..)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back