LiveAquaria Under New Ownership Following Sale by PetCo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria is one of the oldest online marine aquarium livestock companies that has been setting the bar in the United States for over twenty years. Five years ago LiveAquaria was acquired by PetCo as part of the Drs. Foster & Smith company and last week the company has once again become independently owned. The new […]
Source

Continue reading...

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't bought fish/corals from LiveAquaria since 2016 but according to what I've read here on R2R recently, this statement may not be accurate: We think it speaks to the leadership of LiveAquaria director Kevin Kohen that the company has remained such a beloved brand in the American reef aquarium community since 2000. Hopefully with new leadership, we'll see more positive reviews.

Last edited:

proxy001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to say it nicely, hopefully they get their stuff together.

Last edited by a moderator:

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it’s why they’ve had problems recently. I’ve ordered twice in the last year and it was unpleasant and unorganized to say the least. Hopefully they can get their shipping and call center back to par. They used to be my favorite place to get fish online.

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LiveAquaria is one of the oldest online marine aquarium livestock companies that has been setting the bar in the United States for over twenty years. Five years ago LiveAquaria was acquired by PetCo as part of the Drs. Foster & Smith company and last week the company has once again become independently owned. The new […]
Source

Continue reading...
Good maybe now they will lower their ridiculous high prices

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice write up! Unless LA cuts ties with Quality Marine that part is not going to change. LA / QM is not the only company to charge a box charge. And with the 15% discount which seems to be standard and thanks to R2R easy to find, you get back your box charge and taxes back with a $150 order plus free shipping. Many other places charge $70 to ship a couple fish. This isn't going away until supply catches up to demand and Covid goes away, and UPS/Fedex/USPS get back to normal. You can complain about Quality Marine but they stayed open when all others closed down during covid. Live Aquaria becoming independent will be a positive thing with the new ownership, but some will still complain. It is funny how everyone complains about Petco until they have their $1 gallon sale then everyone runs out to buy a tank from them.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some salts from them and hopefully some fish if they have deals or the fish I am looking for. Also hope that it will be as good as before petco bought it or better for everyone

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When i first start saltwater tank and bought fishs and corals from petco they always got ich and aptasia present in the tank. Never see high quality fish or coral look clean from petco where i live. Only drygoods that i could buy in the store and sometime they have very good deal.

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i first start saltwater tank and bought fishs and corals from petco they always got ich and aptasia present in the tank. Never see high quality fish or coral look clean from petco where i live. Only drygoods that i could buy in the store and sometime they have very good deal.
Ya this is specifically Live Aquaria (Diver's Den) and was/is a separate facility and system from Petco which is why it was possible to be sold by Petco.

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice write up! Unless LA cuts ties with Quality Marine that part is not going to change. LA / QM is not the only company to charge a box charge. And with the 15% discount which seems to be standard and thanks to R2R easy to find, you get back your box charge and taxes back with a $150 order plus free shipping. Many other places charge $70 to ship a couple fish. This isn't going away until supply catches up to demand and Covid goes away, and UPS/Fedex/USPS get back to normal. You can complain about Quality Marine but they stayed open when all others closed down during covid. Live Aquaria becoming independent will be a positive thing with the new ownership, but some will still complain. It is funny how everyone complains about Petco until they have their $1 gallon sale then everyone runs out to buy a tank from them.
$229 minimum to ship now. (Yes I know I'm late to this conversation)

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was curious so I checked. Almost $30 for a damsel ….. smh

Attachments

• IMG_5450.png
    IMG_5450.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 49

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people still buying from them?
Not as much. I had a couple issues but when I called I was given a full refund on my CC. I swear it was the same nice lady I talked to 5 years ago. Its like everything else, you look at the cost of the fish plug in shipping and if its okay buy it, if not don't.

pennied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my cheap Petco fish. They order me what I want and I get to pick it up after work!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back